The death of hope. Chapter closed.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Rosie.... Im so sorry! :ghug3

I dont know if your anything like me but there have been times in my life when I knew what had to be done... when I knew I had to close a door but just could not bring myself to do it. I have learned over the years not to wait too long before taking action that I know I have to take because my God (my higher power) has a way of motivating me when I cant seem to motivate myself .... and most of the time when he does it for me it large enough that I have no choice but to make the change.... and no time to do it at my pace.

Maybe he is just doing for you what you needed to have done. One thing for sure is though its really scarry.... you will soon feel better for having taken some action.

Hope your Monday brings you at least some peace. Im sorry it came to this.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yes, Cynay, I thought about that - the way the universe bops you over the head over and over again until you finally pay attention. I am really feeling the pain of it all today. We were supposed to start couples counseling today and I think I'll go and talk to the guy. Could use some therapy!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RosieM View Post
We were supposed to start couples counseling today and I think I'll go and talk to the guy. Could use some therapy!
Excellent idea! I started seeing my therapist with the idea of couples counseling and working on my marriage. I ended up seeing her (without him) for over a year. It remains one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

L
Old 02-25-2008, 12:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you, LTD. It sure couldn't hurt at this point. I'm surprised I am having such a hard time dealing with this but I am a mess.

BTW, he is finally off the sofa. Bro came to collect him. I know this is screwed up, but I enjoyed having company in the house, even in his condition and with everything he's put me through. It was nice having someone tell me to be careful when I left and asking me if I had a good time when I came back.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

That is when I met the best therapist I have ever had... it started as marriage counceling and when that fell through I kept going and it changed my life.

Keep a close support network around you sweetie... it always hurts at first and it is hard... your human, but it does get better, one day at a time.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Very peaceful right now. Me and the homies - poodle and cat.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Rosie, you are doing great hang in there....