A special Valentine's Day surprise

Old 02-15-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

A special Valentine's Day surprise

This is so sweet, I just had to share. I was driving home from work last night, heading over to my older brother Steve's house to have dinner with him and his wife when my cell phone rang.

It was my younger brother, Dave. He said "I won't keep you. Just wanted to ask you to be my valentine since I don't think you have a sweetheart this year."

A few minutes later I arrived at Steve's house. He opened the door and handed me a Valentine's Day card and a bouquet of flowers and told me he loved me.

With men like this in my life, I can't believed I settled for far less than I deserved for so long. Sometimes, all it takes to change your life is simply to open your eyes.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that is so sweet.. you have a wonderful family

shakarris
Old 02-15-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
This is so sweet, I just had to share. I was driving home from work last night, heading over to my older brother Steve's house to have dinner with him and his wife when my cell phone rang.

It was my younger brother, Dave. He said "I won't keep you. Just wanted to ask you to be my valentine since I don't think you have a sweetheart this year."

A few minutes later I arrived at Steve's house. He opened the door and handed me a Valentine's Day card and a bouquet of flowers and told me he loved me.

With men like this in my life, I can't believed I settled for far less than I deserved for so long. Sometimes, all it takes to change your life is simply to open your eyes.
aww, that is so sweet, doormat...and a reflection of who you have become....
Old 02-15-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

I'm glad that you got that special gift!

Amazing when we open our eyes, so true! I have 6 brothers and out of the 6 I have 4 of them that are just such amazing men!

Happy for you!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, FD. I had a friend drop off a latte to me yesterday and I thought I would burst into tears. Can you guess why? LOL

Life is good.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That was so thoughtful of them. And you deserve such treatment.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post

you made me cry that is why I had so many dates last night............lol
My brothers didnt want me to be alone this year it is great!!!!!!!!! except for I had 3 dates of my own and 11 brothers and well I had a few strange looks going into the restureant with all of them at 3 different times
lol

was just really cool:ghug3
Old 02-15-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

FD- Same here. I have 4 brothers. I went to visit 2 of them in Chicago last September with a group (7!!!) of girlfriends. They took such good care of us. I felt so good being with them. Funny thing- I had never had the opportunity to be taken care of by them. Usually when we see each other it's at my parent's house. My brothers do their own thing, and my mom takes care of everyone. I'm the oldest, so I'm used to taking care of everyone else as well. My eyes were opened that weekend in Chicago- That's how I want to be treated all of the time, and it was such simple/sweet stuff.

BTW- Since we're sharing V Day stories- When I got home yesterday from work I found a lovely red velvet heart-shaped box filled with chocolate from a friend of mine. It was so pretty- I wanted to wear it! And I felt loved. . . Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My youngest brother called me too,"to say hi and see how I was doing",too. It was an unexpected,nice surprise.

Glad you have such caring family and friends!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

that is sooooooooooo sweet!!!

My ABF actually took me to the movies ... sober!!! AND a gift!!! (of course the one year I didn't get him anything!! lol It was ok though, he didn't mind - I felt terrible of course) ... but taking me to the movies sober was more than I could have EVER hoped for!!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

FD that is so nice. My youngest daughter Mair made me a valentine card and wrote "I love you mammy so much". I am so lucky to have Real Love in my life.

Mair
Old 02-15-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Getting Over It

My 15 yr old son told his friends and their mom that I was his Valentine!!! Yes, I am a blessed woman!!:ghug3