I don't even know where to start....

Old 02-17-2008, 06:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

That was the "addict" talking...not your son.

((((kindeyes))))
Old 02-17-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((kindeyes))))

I agree with growing...it's the addict talking. When we A's are still active, we think we're victims and the whole world is against us. We don't even see that what we are doing is bringing the problems down on us.

I hate that you're going through this, but I think you did a remarkable thing. Keep letting him deal with his consequences. If it weren't for bad consequences, most A's won't stop.

Take care of you, and I'm glad you have such a supportive and loving husband.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-17-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. My husband said the same thing....it's the disease talking not our son. I can intellectualize that but handling the emotional side of it is difficult.

I have not called him. I have not responded to his text messages. I don't really even have the "urge" to do so. Maybe I'm further in my recovery than I give myself credit for. In the past, the codie-me would have called and cried and pleaded with him. Now I just don't feel like I have to put myself in that position.

Peaceteach - that sounds like something my A son would do too. So selfish. They really know how to wreck a good moment and nice warm fuzzy feeling, don't they.

Thanks again to all of you for your kind words of support. I hope you all know how very helpful and healing those words are. You are all very much appreciated. Thank you.