New Here

Old 02-16-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Have you consulted your employer about the financial impact of your husband driving under the influence and hitting another car and injuring or killing the occupants?
Old 02-17-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You may get a little peace and quiet without doing a thing
With two DUI's in 6 months he will be looking at some sort of jail time and AA requirements. Not sure if he has had a DUI before but judges are quite strict now
That is pretty much where I am right now ... waiting to see what happens with his DUIs. His lawyer is "hoping" one city doesn't find out about the charges in the other city so they will each be first offenses. If they do find out and convict him of DUI 2nd, he will most likely get at least 30 days in jail and possibly ordered to treatment. He's been to treatment several times (60 days the last time) and it's never been successful so I don't hold out much hope there.

So try fighting that fear by being as unemotional and logical about your decisions as you can be.
You're absolutely right ... I need to take the emotions out of it. I just try to think what is best for me and my kids.

Have you consulted your employer about the financial impact of your husband driving under the influence and hitting another car and injuring or killing the occupants?
I think this scares me more than anything ... to think that someone else could get hurt. Not only that, but we could lose everything we own. According to the laws of our state, after the second DUI, they can impound or immobilize ALL vehicles registered in his name so I have changed all the titles (except to his truck) to my name alone ... just in case. The only way I could protect our assets is to divorce him.

I also have an opportunity for a new job which would have full benefits. I don't really want to leave my current job but I don't want to let a great opportunity pass me by. I figure if I apply and get it, it was meant to be. My daughter is also scheduled for extensive surgery in a couple months in another city across the country (this is the third surgery) so needless to say, I have a lot on my plate right now. With no family nearby, it can get overwhelming.

Thank you all for your wonderful support. I always feel better when I get on SR for awhile and just read ...