Think I may have a roommate

Old 02-09-2008, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Think I may have a roommate

I am kind of excited. I made a phone call to my mom and dads old neighbor and they have a daughter who I might be able to live with!! She is my age and a really sweet girl(used to be childhood friends). I talked with her dad and he said that possibly she may do that and that he would give her my phone #. Keep your fingers crossed....if she says no than I will have to get a small efficiecy apartment and make ends meet somehow.

I know this though I am kind of excited about having my own relaxing place again and starting fresh.

If abf wants the help I will be there for him but untill he has made a lifestyle change I will not be going near him!!! NO CONTACT.

I honestly think that if I can get my own place than I will be able to move on so much easier....can't wait.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, Sweetie. Keep plowing ahead with these thoughts that are focused on what is best for YOU today. It's the right path, I believe. Your gut instinct is telling you that by giving you a little "lift" of hope in your heart.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When one door closes, God opens a window.

This could be your Golden Opportunity, good luck!
Old 02-09-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

Good for you Designer!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i'm so excited for you! i just moved into my "own" place and it's been "fabulous"! congrats!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well just a little update. i don't have a roommate. She cannot afford to be on her own right now. Looks like I am back to square 1. I wish that I could just get my own place but 1 bedroom apartments are not cheap where I live.

Abf has it easy though.....of course 2nd time moving out and he has a friend to live with. Why is it always seem like everything falls into place for him? His friend he is living with is also offering to pay for the abf to go back to school. Wow is that not enabling!!! He says that he is wanting to pay for his school because he really wants him to apply himself.

My first suggestion to his friend would be to stop calling him to go out all night and drink......knowing what I have been through and knowing that he has a drinking problem. Does he not get it?

Oh well I guess it is not my problem anymore.........his friend will find out soon enough about him.......his other roommate did.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Try to think of it as square three. Not easy, but it might help. Are there studio apartments available? Anyone in your area that rents out rooms in a nice big house? Is it possible to widen your options? Would you consider downsizing considerably for 6 months to save the money for something bigger? Have you made a list of all possible avenues?

Good luck - I believe everything will work out for you.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Why is it always seem like everything falls into place for him?

Designer,
I have always said that my husbands "bread always falls jam side up" and I can never understand it. However, when I look at his life and the kind of man he truly is I know even though it may seem like he gets all the brakes, he does not.

My husband is 46 years old, his kids won't have anything to do with him, his family barely knows him, his wife is walking out the door, he is miserable at work, he thinks his heart can be filled with highs from sex, drugs, and expensive material items. These are all consequences of deliberate choices he has made in his adult life. The reality is not only does his bread not fall jam side up, his whole sandwich is moldy.

I feel sad for him because I love him and wish he loved himself, but in the end I have to be away from him because when I'm with him, I don't love me.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Another update.....feeling better tonight. I found a studio apartment. It has all the things that I will need to survive(dishwasher-ha, washer/dryer hookups, bathroom, closet,deck,fireplace even!!) the only thing that it is missing is a seperate bedroom-oh well My bed will be my couch for a while.

Ok so feel better and actually excited. I did some number crunching tonight and boy it will be tight....may be not have a lot of food in my apartment and will be eating roman noodles but hey at least I will be skinnier!!!!!

I will be ok. Say a prayer for me because I believe that possibly I may be getting a promotion tommorrow at work that I have been waiting for. If that is the case then I will be really ok as far as money is concerned.

:atv Still moving forward.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Designer,
Just read your posts tonight. Wow! I am so proud of you. Just keep on keepin' on girl! YES! Your own place! Take care of yourself, and I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a promotion tomorrow!

Life is good!