Does Your A Surround Themselves With Continuous Drama?

Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It reminds me of high school, and also of the fact that so many A's never emotionally mature past the age when they first started in their addiction.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The alcoholic wasn't the only one that thrived on drama. I did too. In fact, I was, subtly, a drama queen.

And I did it for the same reasons - to take my attention off my issues. And other people's attention off my issues.

Alcoholism is about drink. The other stuff is found everywhere.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Very interesting post. Makes me think that the people who enable/rescue AS are also drawn to drama even though they do not drunk/drug (as far as I know, anyway). The latest enabler is ex-MIL (herself living on a pension) who has living with her a 50 YO son, grand-daughter with husband who does not work, grand-daughter's mentally/physically challenged son, and grand-daughter's 1 YO daughter. She has a huge amount of serious medical problems, and I just could not figure out why she would be savior to so many able-bodied people. Maybe it is just the need for continued drama.....
Old 02-11-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

For me I probably had a new drama every day when I was drinking - for the most part I really cant remember. You would have to ask my X and she would be MORE than happy to tell you all about it.
The strange part is that she didnt drink like me for the most part but she DID have a new trauma nearly EVERY day...
I used it as an exuse to drink even more to cope with it all !