Why do I care too much?

Old 06-16-2003, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why do I care too much?

I haven't posted in the last few days because my husband is home. Things are okay. He told me that this was his house and if I wanted to leave I'd have to leave that he wasn't going anywhere. Actually its our house. Half and Half here! Well, things are okay. No drinking excessively and no attitudes flying around the house. He has appt. with Dr. today and I'm anxious to see how things are going. Anyhow, one of my daughters best friends has a really bad home life and she has been beat on and yelled at until she is very skiddish of everyone. I called her house the other night because my daughter was afraid for her and I asked to speak with her mother. I know her mother well and we are friends. I asked her if I could come and get her and let her stay here for a while. Since she has been here she has told me many things that I had no idea about. Her father is in Germany in the military and doesn't want her. Now its as if her mother doesn't want her either. She is 11 and is a total wreck. She cries all of the time. She has told me that she feels safe here and wants to live here forever. She cuddles with me on the couch and cries. I just don't know what I'm getting myself into. I love this child so much and I hate to see her hurting so much. Her mother signed over a release for medical treatment so that I could take her to the Dr. and today I made her an emergency appointment with my therapist and took her. She is severely depressed and could have other problems as well. We have another appointment on Wednesday for medication. I just don't know what else I'm supposed to do. I would hate to see this great kid end up in the system. I'd rather take it on myself. I already have 4 kids of my own. Some imput from you guys would help me alot!

confused in NC,
2many2count
Old 06-16-2003, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As often is the case.... more questions than answers here.

Is this child really in danger of being separated from her mother? Is there other family that might care for her? Are you setting yourself up for a separation heartbreak?

And the biggie... isn't she afraid of waking up with pink toenails at your house? (forgive me, forgive me)

Hugs!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Oh 2many! I can relate to wanting to save every child that hurts so bad and isn't wanted. even as messed up as I am all my kids friends want to hang out here, and there is a little boy in TX, God bless him, he wants me to adopt him so bad! When I was living down there he stayed at our home a lot, his dad was not around, his mother told him she did not want him, she only wanted the little girl she had, and his grandparents were his guardian, that child had been through so much! His stepdad tried to throw him on the ground one day out in the driveway and I just about lost it! At the daycare he went to the "teachers" would hold him and tell other kids to throw stones at him!! I really about went to jail over that one! he's in a special home that helps troubled kids now and is doing so Great, but he wants to come up this summer and I know he will ask me again to adopt him...and I am just not healthy enough to right now, I feel so guilty,,but truth is we can only really take care of ourselves and our family...although I think the world would be a better place if we didn't wake up and say NO! the world can't be changed by little old me...I think we should wake up and say you know I can start changing the world by helping everybody I meet today! But then of course could just be the codependant fantasy! Just hang in there hon. i am praying for you!!

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie
Old 06-21-2003, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smoke,
We are famous for pink toenails
She has a grandmother here that has this disease that makes her "IN love with her son" She was a prositiute at Myrtle Beach S.C. for many years and she is just a real B! No other family here. Just her mother. I took her to the Dr. and he has her on Paxil. She really hates to take it, you know the Stubborn type! But she does and everything seems to going well.

I totally understand you 2Stop! This is a tough situation. The child is really great here. She has her moments that she tries to test her limits with me but it never works. I feel like she belongs with us. Everyone is getting along fine except for my son. He hates being around all of these "GIRLS"! I'm just taking it one day at a time and hopefully an answer comes soon. I'm praying for one anyhow!

Thanks,
2many2count