Drink Driving

Old 02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drink Driving

about ten minutes ago I phoned Crimestoppers (confidential phone service in the UK for reporting crime and stuff, they pass it on to the local police) and told them about my brother and his daily drink driving, I've known I'd do it for a while now, I just needed to feel it was the right time. Anyway, they took his details and according to the lady I spoke to the police will do a 'random' stop on him when he's in his car and if he's drunk he'll be treated accordingly (no doubting he'll be drunk)

Maybe it'll be a turning point for him, maybe not, but I've done my bit now.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

You know, I wish they did that here in NY. I've gone to the police station and told them his route home and that he would be drunk, and they were like "we're not just going to sit around and wait for him, we got better things to do." Go figure.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I didn't know they did it here till shortly before I phoned, I half wish I didn't need to do it confidentially, I'm always pretty upfront about whatever I do and I don't like being secretive, but I'm going to have to be with this one. (He'd flip and do whatever he could to stop me seeing my nephew if he knew)
I found out today that even though I know he spent the day in the pub on Sunday, he picked my nephew up in the car later from my mums house, and my parents were happy to let the little one go with his dad. They make me feel physically sick at times.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bravo Lucy.....you may have just save a life..or MANY lives!