Just when things start to get better....

Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just when things start to get better....

I got fired today.

7 months working a job I enjoyed, out of the home of the owner, small and noisey home, but still liked the job. They had a *tiny* lil problem with mold groiwng on the walls, and when everyone kept getting sick, they kinda denied it was mold and took no action to remove it.

Told me they couldnt afford my salary, business going down in flames, which is true. Being in such a close environment with them, I could see their dishonest techniques in not paying bills on time, misappropriating client funds and just general deception practices.

Sadly, I made the mistake of complaining about a co-worker who is hostile and controlling. They acknowledge her nasty manner, said its been a long time problem, but they need her. Takes too long to train a new person and she is lowest paid in office. So, tough cookies for me, is basically what they said yesterday. Then today I get the boot.

So, in a crappy economy, an alcoholic ex husband who abandoned our kid, doesnt pay one extra cent more than legally required......Ive got only one alternative.

Trust God.

Thats it....trust that its happening for a reason, a better job awaits me, with benefits (had none), nice office (this was circa JC Penny 1973, carpet with more clutter than you could believe) and a boss who appreciates hard workers (Rarely had any positive feedback).

Im going to make a vision board tonight to create my dream job and focus on it daily. What I think about, I bring about. Thanks my goal!

Thanks for listening!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Here's a little secret I'll share: take one action each day to move you closer to your goal.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck to you Pink, You've got the right atitude,
GO GET EM GIRL You know that there is always something better right around the corner.

:ghug3
Old 02-01-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you lost the job. I too believe its best to think of it as a door opening to a better opportunity. When I've been in that position, I found it best to not let the panic about unemployment inthe door. One day at a time is the way to deal with it I think. You will find a new job.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to here your news Pink, been there too, but ive always found something better and so will you. Good luck

Mairxx
Old 02-01-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

7 months working a job I enjoyed, out of the home of the owner, small and noisey home, but still liked the job. They had a *tiny* lil problem with mold groiwng on the walls, and when everyone kept getting sick, they kinda denied it was mold and took no action to remove it.

Told me they couldnt afford my salary, business going down in flames, which is true. Being in such a close environment with them, I could see their dishonest techniques in not paying bills on time, misappropriating client funds and just general deception practices.

Maybe a blessing in disguise because you deserve better. And now you have 7 months' work experience under your belt and you are a step closer to getting a better job. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, Miss Pink!

ARL
Old 02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Blessings often come from bad things. Chin up. Time to grow in a new direction.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Can a person file for unemployment when they've been let go from a job? I'm not at all familiar with the umemployment systerm, but if that is a possibility, it might help you get through the interim period between jobs. Praying for you to let go and let God, Miss Pink. You're a wonderful support here and you deserve the best
Old 02-01-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think the rule for unemployment is you have to be in a job for 6 months so you may indeed be eligible Miss Pink. It doesn't hurt to apply.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Miss Pink

What everyone says here is true. Something better is out there for you. This is an opportunity for bigger and better things. If you believe that, it will happen. Take it easy at first. Give yourself a little break, get your thoughts together and then you'll be ready to meet a new and better job!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Donna

Miss Pink: I will pray for you. I am sure that your HP has great things in store for you. Just keep your eye on the ball. We are all pulling for you. .
Old 02-01-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

MissPink, wow getting let go must have hit like a blow to the head.
What I know about you: You are smart, funny, wise, capable and competant.
You will land on your feet to a better opportunity. This very well be what you needed to spare you from health problems from mold. ( I worked in a moldy envir. and had severe health problems that only cleared up when I left)
Hang in there sweetie...
Old 02-02-2008, 11:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your warm words of encouragement and hope.

I did file for unemployment online within a hour of being canned. I feel much better today, as I reached into my faith and pulled out some encouragement. Taking it a day at a time...which is all Ive got, right?

Onward, and upwards!!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

MIss Pink, I read your posts, I'm sorry you lost your job, but your attitude, it rocks, you're inspirational, best of luck finding something else x
Old 02-02-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Here's my dream job:

$80k
Work from home
Full benefits
Work in the nude
1 day off per month to go shopping
George Clooney look-a-like for a boss (and he's single!)

OKay..universe....send me THAT job!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Only $80K?

L
Old 02-02-2008, 08:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Miss Pink, you have a great attitude and sense of humor. You will definitely find something better.

My key chain has "Things happen for a reason, Just believe" on it.
I wish you the best.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
gns

Good luck Ms. Pink!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

With your great attitude you will accomplish great things.