Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

changing my behavior/interaction with him-- support/experience?

Old 02-01-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My ex-husband dumped/abandonned me- whatever you want to call it. i've gotten over it, doing okay-- it's been two or three years of up and down, but a little over a year since we have not had any relationship. I have gotten peace in my life, and am happy. it wasn't easy- i was really heart broken, and kept going back any time his girlfriend dumped in and he'd call me crying. then when they got back together, he'd stop calling/i didn't exist. anyway, he called up crying a coupla days ago- back in april, and then again in may and june when this happened, i told him not to call me the next time his girlfriend dumped him. mostly because of his treatment of me AFTER they'd get back together-- so this time, finally, i don't want to see him/i don't care. i don't want to care. BUT... of course i do feel a little guilt. i guess i need to look at that and my own behavior, and not feel powerless because of it. just wanted to get it off my chest. i wouldn't mind being friends with him, but i don't want to be emotionally abused like this. so if he wants to be friends with me, he can extend himself at times when he isn't deperate for something. arrgh. do i sound like an awful person?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

"do i sound like an awful person?"

No.....you sound like someone who is trying to MAKE a friend out of someone who is incapable of being your friend.