My Abrother's Meds

Old 02-01-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Abrother's Meds

I think the Lord is working in mysterious ways. I mentioned in an earlier post that my Abrother is on meds for bi-polar disorder. He’s about 15 months sober, living & working in a program. He is very lethargic and grumpy, even slurring his words at times, particularly when he first wakes up. My Mom & I have encouraged him to speak to his doctors but as far as we know, he didn't. This week though, something happened. It seems he had 2 mini-episodes where he was disoriented at work, and they took him to the hospital. He was evaluated & released, but he did speak to his doctor and his doctor is going to wean him off the medications. I am concerned, but I am hoping this has got his attention. He’s a grown man and he needs to be more aware of his health. Yes, we are resisting the urge to call the program & find out what happened, go to doctors visits with him, etc.!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I guess you are trying to stay out of his life but just wanted to share that I was misdiagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder and that is what happened to me when they put me on the meds for it. Total lethargy, unclear thoughts, literally walking into walls. I got taken off the meds in the hospital and my head cleared up within a few days. Got the right diagnosis from a new doctor and have been doing much better. Just sending a little hope that he will be better after they wean him off and get him on the right meds.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Jfk45 - I am hoping and praying for results like you've had. The co-de in me would love to call the program where he's at and speak to someone, or call his doctors, but with privacy issues and him being an adult, it is not healthy for me to do that. In the past, I might've. I just encourage him to talk to his doctor. It's hard...
Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope they get all the meds and diagnosis issues resolved.

Its good to see you are remaining detached from involvement.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Bohemi

My girlfriend is strugglin with this with her husband now as well as he has bi-polar and is not taking his medication as he feels it is not working-went to another doctor but will not tell her what is going on.

Sending blessings-to you staying detached is sometimes hard but in our best interest.