I ache and I need some support

Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((((((((SS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Your good deed to your sons friend will come back ten fold hun. One day it will be the parent of another that may bring your son back from the brink. You just never know what small or large thing that does it for them. Sometimes its just a small statement or something big like a court hearing. You just never know. Lets all keep him close to our hearts and always in our prayers....You are so strong and a wonderful example of what parenthood should be that my heart is breaking for you tonight. Stay strong sweetie.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Janitw -Thank you for the kind words. They truly mean a lot tonight.
My son did speak to me again and agreed to go to his therapist Fri. in which my husband and I were in the session. He continues to refuse treatment. Therefore, he is not in my home any longer, but at his dad's house until he can hatch another plan.
It is true what they say, his maturation is stuck at the age of 15, which is the age he started abusing drugs.
His friend told me they would have become instant musicians or junkies in SF.
He has been a junkie twice before there.
It is sad that this is his only solution to life.
I have no choice but to detach as he continually refuses help and being near him now drags me into the sickness.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

As an active member of AA I can honestly say the longer I lived in addiction the closer I came to recovery. Alcohol and drugs are a great persuader all the healthy living in the world wouldn’t help me. I had to experience loss at a level far greater than anything I had ever known.
Thank you for saying this.....as much as we wish this was not true for the alcoholic in our lives this is the only way. For us to let go and let god take control. My only wish is that alcoholism will not put my loved one 9' under.

I hope and pray every night for his safety but it is out of my hands and into my HP's hands.( Tried controlling it for so long....but today was different and I am thinking clearer and have seen the light on my own.)

I am sooo glad that you saw the light and got out of the addiction....for that you should be so proud.....keep up the good work.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You did the right thing. Good for you for setting boundaries and insisting he cannot stay in your house if he is using. It's too bad his dad insists on enabling him.