Under Duress but PRAYING for Understanding

Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Under Duress but PRAYING for Understanding

hey folks...well I moved out of my lovers home after many, many non-productive discussions, arguments, etc. I left with my clothes b/c I was told that I didn't pay my half of the expenses so the furniture I bought was a contribution to the household.

I hadn't talked to the ex-lover for a week then we started reaching out to 1 another. We started seeing each other and talking. They apologized and said they were sleep. Now they are taking a wonderful church class (Science of Mind not Scientology) where some of the principles say you forgive the past and have nothing to atone for...I believe these principles but in light of what I'm dealing with, I've put my prayers into the Universe to receive an understanding of forgiveness and acceptance of my own faith in light of, again, what I'm dealing with.

It's hard to have someone say, oh come over to the house which they were constantly telling you to get out of and everything is now great and fabulous. Its hard to sit on the furniture where someone says its your contribution to the household and now they are okay. 5 years to come to this now everything is solved..I do not get it!

No mention of the alcohol that was an issue for me...its like they just passed skipped the debrief and went right to the press conference...

Last night I said I wanted to vent and used I statements throughout the entire moment, then they started to interrupt, said that I got back exactly what I put out, that I was blaming them. I had to walk away abruptly before I went off...came back and said I can not give me or you the respect we both need in this to have a respectful conversation, and that this is an expansive topic that can not be handled in a 20 min conversation so lets just come back to it besides its emotional.

We went our separate ways.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that life is so filled with drama and pain for you right now. It can get better. You cannot change your partner but you can work to improve your life.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Barbara's right. Welcome to SR and sorry for your pain.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Donna

Welcome to SR. Keep posting we are all here for you.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I will say a prayer for you tonight.