O.T Interesting experience

Old 01-26-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O.T Interesting experience

Hi Everyone,

I must say that having my profile on a singles dating site has if anything interesting.

When I wrote out my profile I was very speicific in what I want ie: no drinkers or smokers, live in my area because I;m not interested in a long distance relationship, and between the ages 45-50.

well I've goteen everything but, people from as far away as texas, drinkers,smokers, 60, 70 ,80 years old

unbeleivable, either people:

A. Can't read
B. Or just don't care what they are reading and apply anywhere.

Glad I can see it now. In the past I wouldn't have noticed that they are not respecting what I am saying and gone ahead into something.

Progress not perfection

Ngaire
Old 01-26-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And those are the ones 'fessing up!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hear you! I didnt' even put my picture on a dating profile, and i received more than one message that said,
You are the woman of my dreams, i think we were meant to be?
Or - better yet.
You are so good lookinG Let's meet!
Funny that at the time of that email I had a rash on my face, and a huge zit on the tip of my nose. Wonder what he would've REALLY THOUGHT !
Old 01-26-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well don't be discouraged by the responses. I've been told by my male friends that in their minds, when a person writes out a profile they are stating what they prefer and I guess in their minds it's negotiable. ie My friend said he wrote that he really wanted someone who plays golf, he got women all the time saying they didn't know how but were willing to learn. Don't know if that helps you. I do understand where you are coming from though.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes maybe they think it's negociable hahaha

guess I'm not in a negociable mood at this time in my life.

the problem always was with me that everything about me was negotiable just for the sake of having a relationship with some sick dude!

and how sick is that?

ngaire
Old 01-26-2008, 12:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im on 2 dating sites....have had one date....he was about 5 inches shorter than stated, and not much personality.

Sigh.....I just want a hot, non-alkie male with a ton of $$$$.

Is that too much to ask for?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

My first date from a dating site the man's pic showed him as about 32-35 with an athletic build. The man I met was 40-something and obese *sigh*

I was very much interested in another man who showed interest in me. I googled him and discovered he was not 46 as his profile stated, but 53. Liar liar pants on fire.

Last was a man who was much younger who wanted to be my boy toy, and judging by his pic I was fine with that. We talked on the phone several times. He was still ok. Then one night we're IMing each other and he mentions he smokes even though I stated many times NO SMOKERS. Ugh. No go. He called me names for ending our "relationship" over something so petty. Guess he never smelled himself - I smoked for 15 years and I can't stand cigs at all anymore and want nothing to do with a smoker and that's my choice.

Now I'm waiting to meet someone in person.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the heads up ...
in a moment of pure silliness and lack of sleep late one night ... and feeling a little mischievous to boot ... I decided to fill in a very brief description of myself on one of these sites and slapped a random photo in just for the fun of it. I am sooo not ready for a relationship and just thought it was be entertaining to see if anyone even noticed that I existed. I ended up regretting it and I was rather shocked at number responses ... and a little scared at intensity of interest. I had no idea how to respond to their inquiries ...so I have ended up ignoring everyone, and feeling guilty because of it. However, after the comments made above, I don't feel so guilty anymore as it appears that some of these fine folks just might be deceiving me as to who they really are. Sorry, I am just not ready for anyone deceiving me as to who they really are - I have already had a lifetime of that.