What is it like to be healthy?

Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I cannot call myself healthy yet (I wish I could be healthy again), but I have started my journey to recovery. I can see my mistakes, I can see what I was doing wrong, and I know what I should not be doing anymore.

So, what have I learned so far and what makes me healthier today?

I am happy with who I am and with what I have achieved in my life. I may not be happy with my relationship/marriage at the moment, but I am not trying to fix it or to "save us." Whatever happens, happens. Even if divorce happens, I do not see it as such a tragedy, or the end of the world. I will not be embarrassed. It is OK not to be perfect or not to have a perfect relationship. It is also very OK to be single and love oneself. I will never ever think again that having a man, that is, being in a relationship, will fix anything.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've learned (and am working on putting into practice!) that other people's problems are NOT my problems. I can step back. And, hey presto - the world does NOT come to a screeching halt!

Nice question, nice responses. I especially like Lilyflower's characteristics of an adult list.