OT ~ Wicked Bummed.....

Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Thanks guys! Got out today, my dad took me to the store to food shop! Yippiee!! Not sure, but starting to get more sad and depressed. Not sure if it's because i'm here alone for the most part unable to do for myself and too much time to think. I don't want to digress and think about J but he's been on my mind alot the past few days. Can't help but wonder what up with him My brother says he's moving out of our apt. because he's high strung and pissy. I asked him to take me to the store and he wouldn't, now he says he's outta here. Can't catch a break over here today!!

I'm sure it's because i'm couch bound and all my friends are at work and no one to talk to lol!! Sensitive i think!!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Perhaps its time to work on some of those technques to redirect your thoughts in a more positive directions?

I hope you heal quickly and don't drive yourself crazy being housebound. {hugs}
Old 01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Barbara read my mind. I was going to suggest perhaps catching up on some reading. Have you read Codependent No More? How about The Road Less Traveled? or Women Who Love Too Much? I find much food for my soul in these books and others. Oh, and also The Power of Now.

L
Old 01-22-2008, 03:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Those are great suggestions. I have read Codependent No More, but could use a refresher. Being housebound is icky! Your mind keeps going at times when not occupied. I'm going to somehow get to the bookstore or library great idea.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Hey there Heather!

How goes the foot? Hope you're enjoying all this 'me' time your having. Pampering yourself and relaxing, watching your favourite programmes and films, reading, no where to go, no promises to keep...

Gosh, wish I wasn't at work...

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-25-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

hey

Lets see, i decided to try to drive on wednesday and went to the gym and did upper body which was good just to be there. I got daring and went uptown to get my nails done! Yesterday was my grandmother's 85th birthday party at her nursing home so my dad and i went up there to see her.

I went to Target today to get out. I went to my therapist on wed. and was really really starting to get depressed sitting on the couch and everyone was at work. I snapped out of it and realized there's alot worse problems going on so i've been busy since.

What have you guys been upto? Have i missed anything exciting?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Jeeze your right, i've done more being gimpy than i have healthy lol!!!! Just throw prince charming my way and i'm golden!! Well i can dream and wish can't I!!! The only thing i do worry about is because i can't do cardio and spin that i will balloon back up in the weight department.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

hbb....so glad to see that you are doing so great! I gotta say, if I were you, I am not sure I would have gotten myself to the gym!!!!!!! Good for you!

I'm with anvil....you are having way too much fun! You go girl! That's making the best of a situation that started out bumming you out!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Granted this week was for vacation and started off on the wrong foot lol!!! Anyways, what i thought was going to be a really bad week, turned into a restful, relaxing, and better week that i could have imagined. It went slow and didn't feel like it was over in 2 seconds. I am feeling better as a whole, last night had a glitch but oh well, it happens...just patiently (ya right) waiting to get back to cardio and spin!!!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 03:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Hey there!

I'm glad you had such a fun filled week! Lets see what have I been up to?... work, cleaning, work, reading, work... yep your week sure sounds much better! Got myself my first therapist appointment this Wed. Was nervous at first but now feeling really optimistic. So far so good with my resolution... working hard on me!

Lily xxxxxxxx

PS if you find that Prince Charming, ask him to PM me!!! Good to hear from you Heather xxx
Old 01-28-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Lily, that's wonderful...good for you. Making the 1st appointment is a huge step. For years, i was so scared but now it's the best thing i ever did for myself. Now i'm back at work trying to get back into the swing of things. I keep telling myself that things could be alot worse as a whole. How are things with you and your bf? Hope all is well.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
Lily, that's wonderful...good for you. Making the 1st appointment is a huge step. .
I had to wait since November to get an appointment with the National Health Service as I couldn't afford to pay privately. When I finally got the appointment through, I was full of anxiety and doubts, and had a low week emotionally. In the end though it just made me realise I really DO need to go for myself!

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
..How are things with you and your bf? Hope all is well.
Thanks for asking, things are really good right now. He hasn't been drinking and we've been getting along better. We're learning how to communicate with each other and I feel much more relaxed about it all. I've just been spending time trying to concentrate on my recovery. Its been painful at times and I'm really suprised and grateful for the support I've received from everyone here and also abf. I'm pretty much leaving him to work on himself and so far he has been improving!

How have you been feeling lately? You seem to be going from strength to strength and your posts are so much brighter.

Love
Lily xxxxxxxxx
Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Well funny you should ask! I have another thread from over the weekend where i somewhat crashed again. Anyways, my ex got sober when we were together to. But for me it was getting harder and harder because he was completely dry and miserable and hated the world. I remember walking into my 1st appt. and completely collapsing and her basically pushing me out of her office. Now several months later, she said i have done a 180. I'm also on wellbutrin to take off the edge which seems to be working as well. Definately go back and forth since the news he's having a kid with his exgf now gf again.....hate this.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Caught up with your other thread now. Still I think you are doing great, its only natural to go back and forward, I know I do. Still it seems more two forward one back so we're still getting there!

Lily xxxxxxxx
Old 01-29-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Your right, seems to be a never ending battle. I have great days/weeks and then it's weeks like this that i'm not the greatest. I also think it could be partly because i'm not as active with my foot and feeling crappy mentally because i'm not exercising like i do daily. It's a funk and i'm sure it will pass, hopefully sooner than later....