He still doesn't get it

Old 01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He still doesn't get it

I woke up in the middle of the night because I was frezing and I realize that my blanket is gone and my AH husband was on the floor and wet. OMG I was so scared and angry, because I didn't know what was happening but the same time I was. He pee himself. He denied, but please tell me if he didn't, what happened then? He said: don't shout at me, what have I done? I didn't do anything, why are you so angry?
Yeah, I am so angry and sad at the same time, because once when he said that he will change and I believed him, but he is still the same. He doesn't get it.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dont beleive what alcoholics SAY....only what they DO....

If his actions dont match his words, he aint changing.

Do you go to al-anon?

BTW...WELCOME LULI!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

and it won't until you decide enoughisenough ...sorry butI am going thorugh this now - |I read it all here and |I trust each word that is typed as they who go before me know really what is in store for me,.,,

you have to do what is right for you... YOU ONLY YOU is what matters at this point in time

shakarris
Old 01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

As the others have said, actions count, not words. An adult peeing themselves is an action that is screaming louder than any words could.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For those of us new here, its still hard to NOT get mad and scream and yell. Thats why we are here, to try to learn how to deal.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Luli2979. When I finally said I needed to stop the madness, one big sign was when my ex sat up in bed and threw up on the carpet. Yuck! I was pissed enough to say once was enough. I mean, really! WTF??? I'm a girl, buddy, and a girl shouldn't have to live like that. It was time to start treating myself like a girl again.

I love my clean bedroom, so girly and comfy now
Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Luli2979, I totally understand about the peeing and the vomitting. I woke up one night to mine peeing on our bedroom wall. I yelled at him to stop then he slowly walked to the kitchen dribbling then tried going in the sink. I caught up to him by then and led him to the bathroom. The next day he didnt really remember it, but tried to make it seem like I was making a bigger deal out of it then it really was. And the vomit, everyone loves to clean that up, because he would probably just leave it there.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When my AH and I first got married I would wake up and find him peeing in the closet.

Another time I got up in the morning to find the dishwasher open and the floor all wet - Yes, it was pee. He blamed it on the dog but we all knew it was him.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Luli ....they as others stated will not get it! Actions speak louder than words....so on and so on...

The question is what are you doing to about it for YOU?

We all reach our bottom when we reach it......for me the peeing in the bed would have been enough!

Al-Anon is something to check out if you have not! It works if you work it....for YOU!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you are curious, there's a video where Craig Ferguson (now a talk show host, probably on cable, formerly the boss on "Drew Carey"). His monologue is actually the story of his time before and after addiction - part of his talk involves him waking up one morning having peed himself (he was in his late 20s)...he's obviously involved in a 12-step program for his ongoing sobriety...

Go to youtube.com, do a search on "Craig Ferguson Speaks from the heart" and it will pop up...

Sue