OT- Hobbes is waiting for me...

Old 01-12-2008, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ICU

Unhappy OT- Hobbes is waiting for me...

...at the Rainbow Bridge where we will one day be reunited!

I looked in his eyes and he told me he was tired and wanted to go home.

I stayed with him the whole time he was in the hospital, hoping he would change his mind.

As promised, Hobbes had one last car ride; he always loved going for a ride in the car. And as promised, he got to go home too!

When we arrived at home, my regular vet was waiting for us.

I sat on my bed, I held him in my arms, close to my heart, I stroked his little head, I looked deeply into his beautiful and gentle eyes and told him I love him, and to go be with God. It was time! It was today, Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 12:25 pm. The sun was shining, it was a warm beautiful day for Hobbes, my sweet little yorkie.

The last words he heard was me telling him I love him.

Be free my little Hobbes...be free my little gentle heart and loving spirit! You will never really be away from me because you will always be in my heart!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gosh its hard to read these posts, in july, 06. I had to take my Spanky in for her last visit to the vet. I couldn't stay with her it just hurt to much, and I didn't want to remember her that way. I got her at 6 weeks old and we bonded right away. She always had a thing for TP I couldn't leave the bathroom door open or she'd have it from one end of the house to the other. and my chopper gloves, when she was a puppy with puppy teeth I would ware them to protect my hands. she was a beautifull 100# rottie, as kind and gentle a spirit as can be. She made it 13 yrs, which was very old for a rot, but she had a great life. I feel your pain ICU, HOBBES WILL BE WAITING

Last edited by geees poncho; 01-12-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ICU

Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories of your dog geees poncho. I'm hoping my so many wonderful memories of Hobbes will begin to fill my heart and erase the pain over time too.

I know I did what was best for Hobbes. As to be expected, I'm just really hurting right now.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

{hug} You have my deepest condolences. It hurts so much I know.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'm so sorry for your loss, ICU.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((((((Hobbes)))))))))))))

((((((((((((ICU))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry for your loss. May Hobbes and you find peace and enjoy the beautiful memories you shared.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ICU, i'm so sorry for your loss. it's like losing a child and such a difficult thing to do. it sounds like you made the right choice for him. he'll always know how loved he was.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ICU

I pray he knows what I did was out of love for him. If only I could be sure~
Old 01-12-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((((ICU)))))))))

I'm so sorry to read about Hobbes' passing. Just know that you did what was best for him and cherish his memory.

ARL
Old 01-12-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

It is hard to read these posts, Gees. How often here on earth do we receive unconditional love? That's why we love our pets so. I've been a dog lover my entire life. I have four now. And each time one passes my heart breaks. But I'd rather suffer an occassional broken heart than to never know unconditional love at all.

Here's a passage that I love that I believe says it all:

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Irving Townsend

Hugs to everyone who's suffering the loss of their beloved pet.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am so sorry about Hobbes! I remember when the vet came to put my daughter's horse down. Man it was an awful feeling walking away knowing that in a few minutes he would be gone. But do you know, when my friend (who had sat with us for hours) and I walked out of the arena and let the vet take over, we walked outside. It was 9 pm and the sky was full of stars and the moon was shining bright. I remember thinking "I'm not afraid to die, because Maybe will be there, waiting." He was lame most of the time, and I could just see him running and bucking, his mane and tail flying. It is so hard watching them decline, and afterward, there is sadness, but there is also freedom from all the hardships of life.

Hobbes will be there, just wait and see. Until then (((hugs))), grieve, and take care of you.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

It is so hard. I have had a few pets that passed and it was hard as heck to see them go.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

he knows what you did was because you love him.. he really does
and yes at rainbow bridge there is a spot they all look over and keep watch over us

(( hugs to you )))

shakarris
Old 01-12-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

(((ICU)))

I am so sorry for your loss. As I told cage, I had to put my beloved beagle to sleep. I so loved her. I know Hobbes knew he was loved. My heart goes out to you.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

ICU, i'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy with a pet you love so much and is truly part of the family. Hugs to you.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ICU

Whenever I would cry, no matter where Hobbes was in my home, he would come running up to me, sit on my lap, and put his two front paws around my neck and kiss my tears away. He did that every single time I cried without fail.

This morning, my little pom spent a lot of time 'sniffing' Hobbes' body. She seemed very confused. I let her take her time because it is my understanding that this is the way they process loss. Afterwards, she jumped up on the couch with her nose pointed in his direction.

I started to cry. Without hesitiation, she jumped off the couch and ran up to me, wanting me to pick her up. She put her two paws around my neck and kissed away my tears, exactly like Hobbes would do. She has NEVER done this before when I cried.

I have to wonder...and I feel in my gut...that Hobbes told her what to do. I'm taking it as a sign that I've been looking for that he is ok now, forgives me, and is finally 'happy' again, and, 'still with me'!
Old 01-13-2008, 05:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

*prayers for Hobbes and for ICU*
Old 01-14-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

ICU - sorry I'm so late posting this! I stayed away from house and computer this past weekend...I'm so sorry...but is it any coincidence that chico and hobbes went to the rainbow bridge at almost the same time? I'm sure chico and hobbes are introducing themselves to each other...and they'll be waiting there for us as well.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for all your losses, I lost my Penny last year. She was a scruffy crossbred rescue dog who was so sweet. She passed in her sleep with no warning, on one of the rare occasions she stayed overnight with my mum, it felt like she'd wanted to spare me the pain. I'm so glad I didn't have to make the decision and she went peacefully, but I was so sad after 14 years of being together. They're all happy and running around in pet heaven.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ICU

I can just hear Hobbes and Chico talk after they're introduction to each other....
"did your mommy sit in front of this rectangular looking object all day while moving her fingers on something that made some noise? What's up with that?"

I bet they're up there right now making sure no such things exist when we all reunite again one day!