Oh boy that was fun (NOT!)

Old 01-11-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh boy that was fun (NOT!)

I posted last week that I was filing for divorce. Well as many of you know filing is one thing, getting an A served is entirely something else. My STBXAH's work situation is one where is it not easy to locate him and the process server did not want to chase him. That left serving him at home pretty much. I call him and tell him politely that he needs to be home between 5:30 and 6 to be served. Well he was home but refused to answer the door so I did and ended up having to let them in and direct her to the room where he was sitting where she basically threw the papers at him because he would not take them and ran out. The process server left and called my attorneys secretary concerned for my well being which triggered a series of phone calls from the secretary and attorney asking if I was ok.

At least now he says he is going to move out which is a good thing because if he does not I am going ahead with the PPO hearing.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amazing what jerks they can be. Well, at least he was served and the process goes forward. Please continue to be safe.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Truly..like Barbara said...they can be such jerks! Big hugs to you!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope you are, indeed, safe...

Must have been VERY uncomfortable being in the house during that...can't imagine. But like they said above, at least the process is one step further! Hooray for you!!