There's a hole in the ceiling

Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pajarito View Post
Acceptance is very hard.
It's one of, if not the, hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Now I know why I avoided it for so long. It hurts. ((()))
Old 01-10-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

ohhh, the codie in me just can't wait to go home and check for holes in my ceiling!!!hehe

hey, maybe that is why ah started knocking holes in my walls
Old 01-10-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

think alot of folks in this thread has termites...start getting estimates and forward to hubby...time to pay!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

No kidding!! I am going to check all my walls and ceilings...maybe I can find some money!!! A payday of sorts!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dear Queen, thanks for making me laugh, I needed that. They really really think we are totally stupid don't they? Mine put 3 bottles of vodka in the snow and this past week it all melted and there they were in the yard, just standing there. I laughed so hard - you cant make this stuff up.

L
Old 01-10-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Bottles - behind the insulation on the rafters in the attic. Under the towels in the bathroom. In-between the mattresses on the bed. In big garbage bags in his workshop. In the truck. I really wish I had known about this forum three years ago when I started finding all this. I really thought I would lose my mind. Stronger and wiser now. He is on a hiatus now - not drinking and in therapy, but I don't think I see anything that would give me any confidence the cycle will not repeat. He can go a few months before going back to square one.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Falling through the ceiling...

Not really much of a story. He'd been drinking quite a bit and decided he needed to go up into the attic to check our cable wiring to see if he could improve our television reception. I asked him to please not go up there and to leave things alone. Of course, he wouldn't listen, so up he went. I heard him stumbling around. "How 'bout now?" he called out. "Nope," I called back. "Now?" He yelled again. "No," I responded. Then he lost his footing and stepped on the sheet rock part of the ceiling. It cracked, and his leg came all the way through. "I think that's got it, honey," I said, and resumed watching my program. After a string of muffled expletives, he managed to work his leg out of the hole and came back down. The next day he repaired the ceiling. I called the cable company. Ahhhh. The stuff memories are made of.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

hope2bhappy-
LOL- I needed that today!