Again....she Waits

Old 01-09-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not a bad place to be....

Again....she Waits

From the book "Courage to Change", Page 281........

I felt my life was on hold. I wanted change; I expected it; I even tried to make it happen. But it was not within my power to make any of the changes I wanted. I was frustrated. I'm an action taker, so I feel better when I am busy and industrious. There is a time to act, but I have learned that there is also a time to not act, to stop and wait.

How often I still find myself impatient with the pace of life. But today, when things don't happen according to my schedule, I can accept that there may be a reason, and I can learn to adjust to what is. I may be experiencing great change on the inside even though I see little evidence on the outside. I can keep in mind that waiting time doesn't have to mean wasted time. Even time of stillness have lessons to teach me.

The invitation to live life fully is offered to me each day. I can accept the pace of change today, knowing it will bring both times of active involvement and periods of quiet waiting. I will let the surprises of the day open up before me.

"Besides the noble art of getting things done; there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials."

Lin Yutang
Old 01-09-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ICU

I needed to read this today. Thanks!!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by BayouSelf View Post
From the book "Courage to Change", Page 281........

I'm an action taker, so I feel better when I am busy and industrious. There is a time to act, but I have learned that there is also a time to not act, to stop and wait.
this has been a very slow learning process for me - sometimes I still struggle with not doing just being. The women of my life that were role models were doers and still are doers - it seemed that I was lazy to not be "doing something"
Working on learning the art of relaxing, waiting and just being still in the presence of myself and the God of my understanding.

Thanks for this post, my friend.

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita