Out with the Old and in with the New

Old 12-31-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out with the Old and in with the New

Happy New Year to each and everyone of you. I am so grateful to be where I am this year as opposed to last year. I am so glad I am not being whisked off on "romantic trips to the Bahamas" which turned out to be drinking bashes where I wound up alone. Thank God I am sober, thank God I have had the strength, guidance and trust in my HP and loved ones to take that step to get to a better place.

Although I fear that perhaps I have become a commitment a phobe, I can work on that and I am in a much better place than I was. I know that I can do anything alone with program and HP, love and support is nice but I know I can carry on with out.

Last year, I proclaimed this year the year of me. I have tried a triathon, bike race, bought one of those tablets we used to learn to write cursive in to improve my writing, read more, started lifting weights again, practiced being tolerant and aware of my intolearances, be a better friend, a better daughter, be all around grateful for all the things that I have encountered in my life the good, the bad and the ugly.

I feel like I am on the edge of a cliff and ready to leap into the air and trust that my HP will make me land right where I am supposed to. I feel so free.

There have been days where I hung onto this website....waiting, waiting, waiting for someone to respond to me or post something I could relate to and you all always come thru for me. Thanks to each and everyone who has helped me with my codependence, my divorce, my miscarriage, and my year in Iraq. You never will know how much you have filled me up when I felt empty, gave me company when I felt all alone. I am so glad SR is one of the best tools in my tool box.

I wish everyone a very happy solitude filled New Years Eve and a wonderful New Year. You have made a world of difference for me, thank you. I will see you in 2008! (TOMORROW!!!)