Finding My Higher Power

Old 12-31-2007, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not a bad place to be....

Finding My Higher Power

Sometimes I read posts about people who are new to SR doubting there is a High Power (whom I choose to call God), and I just found an excellent reading in Courage to Change that once helped me....

There are many times when I doubt the existence of anything that cares about what goes on in this world, let alone in my life. Being agnostic, doubt comes easily to me; belief is difficult.

But then I think of how someone guided me to Alanon when my life was at its darkest. I reflect on times when the words and music of certain songs have given me courage to go on with life when it might have been easier to give up. I remember that I am encouraged by the honesty of people who share their innermost thoughts in Alanon meetings week after week, year after year. I am aware that, deep down, there is a part of me that wants what is good for me, that pushes me to seek peace, happiness, direction, and wholeness in my life. And I doubt my doubts.

TODAY'S REMINDER: When I feel far away from a Higher Power, I have to listen very carefully. I listen at meetings, I listen to music, I listen to the wisdom that comes through my readings, and I try to be open to what I hear. I never know from where a message will come.

"Every now and again take a good look at something not made with hands, a mountain, a star, the turn of a stream, the moon. There will come to you wisdom and patience and solace, and above, and all, the assurance that you are not alone in the world.