Thank God there are folks here on Christmas Eve

Old 12-24-2007, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank God there are folks here on Christmas Eve

I'm spending another one alone, but I'm praying that next year it will be a different sort of alone. AH is passed out drunk on his side of the house after flouncing out in a huff - the obligatory holiday drama I suppose. I've been looking at him staggering around here trashed for three days, so I wanted a break. I made a polite request that I be able to spend Christmas Eve in sober, calm, and reflective peace. I've lived through worse Christmas Eve's where he's done crazier things.

Thank God for some peace and quiet this year. And I'm not really alone. You folks are out there, and I'm grateful for every single one of you. Differences and philosophies and where-we're-at-in-recovery aside, I love all of you who have been there when I've been hanging on by a twig, when I've been one step from pulling my hair out by the roots, and when I've just been feeling very small, very alone, and very frightened. You guys rock!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish you could video him for us, it sounds hilarious. sorry!:sorry
Old 12-24-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, ponch, no problem. Sometimes it does get to the point that I start biting my lip so I don't burst out in one of my VERY loud, snorting laughs!!! Now it's just kinda sad and pathetic.

He went on a 23-day bender back in October and it appears that this time the brain damage is permanent. He looks like a street person. My husband was an eloquent, well-spoken, cute guy. As I often say, long time comin', long time gone ...

His choice ...

Nah, no need to apologize. If we can't find the humor in all the junk going on in our lives, we'd go crazy. A pastor at my former church told me to NEVER lose my sense of humor! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post

Thank God for some peace and quiet this year.
Oh man, I can relate to that. Gimme peace and quiet over dealing with drunken chaos any day.

And, I am glad you're here too! It is most definately a great place when you need to be here.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey there Marty, sorry I wasn't here for you on Christmas Eve. I was praying for you. I pray for you and your husband every day, and for all the wonderful people here on SR. It helps me get perspective and a little bit of serenity in the midst of all of my own chaos.

Mike ((((( hugs ))))))
Old 12-25-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

I remember a Christmas or two that I wish never happened.......