don't know where to turn

Old 06-10-2003, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

don't know where to turn

I have been living with alchoholics my entire life. I want them gone. My dad was a drunk. (He no longer drinks.) My husband is a drunk.(He makes up for what my dad doesn't drink.) I have two small children who don't even want to come home anymore. They have stayed with my parents for the last week. I am thankful that I have parents who are willing to open their door to my children so that they have a place they fill secure. I have asked my husband to leave. He doesn't think I am serious. He is giving me the same old song and dance. He will quit. He will go to detox.(He expects me to pay for this.) He will go to AA. He will come home every night. How many times can he say this? I did go to file for child support today, but he won't be served papers until he is out of my house. He won't leave. How can I get him out of my house?
I know that when I get him to leave, he will quit his job so he doesn't have to pay as much in child support. He did this to me five years ago when I took the kids and left. It was my mistake to buy a house and let him back in. This time, however, all of the property is in my name. He manipulates me and makes me feel like if I make him leave, he will be on the street. He has his mother convinced that I am the bad person. Help!
Old 06-10-2003, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've always wondered too how to get them to leave. Why is it that some do and some don't? Mine too says the same old things like he's going to go to AA etc, then he starts drinking again. I've asked him to leave many times and he doesn't. I've come to realize that I'm the one who is going to have to go. Is that an option for you? Can you get a place of your own and go? I hate the thought of moving and leaving my house, I guess I'm not totally ready yet.
Summer
Old 06-10-2003, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

((((((tieredmom)))

you need legal council on your rights. here in Ohio unless the man is abusing you physicaly and you file charges he does not have to leave until the divorse and the sale of the home.In your case you own the home , so do inquire.
so sorry for what you are going through, do keep coming back.

many hugs
liddy