Prayers for my dog.....

Old 06-10-2003, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Prayers for my dog.....

Hi folks,
I haven't been able to access this site from work lately, I'm not sure why. Please pray for my dog. He is a 10 year old german shepard and he hasn't been feeling well in the last week. Today we took him to the vet and he was very sick. The vet kept him overnight and is giving him fluids etc. He is doing tests but doesn't know what is wrong. I am afraid he will die.

I just lost it with my husband again. I don't understand how this happens so suddenly. One minute we are talking rationally and the next minute I am asking him when he will get a job and then what he says makes me start screaming. Our situation is never going to get better. I swear sometimes I feel as if I have gotten nowhere. I am so scard about my dog, and about my life. Oh God, I could use just a little help, here...........
Old 06-10-2003, 05:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

************{Rose}}}}}}}

I just don't know what to say, I have no great words of wisdom for you except to say that we all care about you and wish you weren't feeling such pain.

I will pray for your dog. I know my own dogs are like my babies, heck they are my babies. Hopefully they will find out what is wrong and he will get well.

I will also be thinking of you Rose. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your beloved dog.

Take care.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 06-10-2003, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Rose,

I have such a great love for animals and know what it is like when one of them is ill. I will be saying extra prayers for your dog Rose!
Remember that God is always there for you! Just talk to him Rose and you will feel better. I ask him to give me strength each and everyday.

Many prayers and hugs,
matters
Old 06-10-2003, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

((((((Rose)))))))

As you can tell we love our dogs around here and I will definitely be praying for yours! Hang in there and let us know how he's doing.

Take care and hugs,
JG
Old 06-10-2003, 07:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

My best friend is a German Shepard too!

Rose:

My shepard is about 15 years old and ill also. I can understand the stress of worrying about a beloved pet while dealing with the nonsense of having an intoxicated person around the house.

Maybe the serenity prayer will help you relax in regard to worrying about your furry family member (We need to accept the fact that some things are out of our hands) Your dog knows you care for him!

There are things we can do to help our pets, and after that point, it is up to God. I just thank Him greatly for giving me my best friend all these years. My dog greeted me every time I came home with a big wagging tail.

My husband greeted me too. Only he was usually drunk and pretty much a mess. So, I understand the impulse to scream at a time like this.

Consider yourself hugged.........
Old 06-10-2003, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

HI Rose
I hope your dog makes it through this. i love mine too that is why i use her name as my alias here ! she is also 10 yrs old, part dalmation and terrier. I wish my husband would shake his butt like my dog does everytime i come home, but darn it he just wont do that !

Rose we all slip on the loosing it at times. try the serenity prayer hopefuly before you loose it, but afterward is good too and gets us focused on our own serenity once again. It has become one of the most important parts of my life and I try very hard to be aware when I'm about to give it up.
Hugs
liddy
Old 06-11-2003, 03:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

********{Rose}}}

Me and my 13 year old cat/baby will be praying for you and your dog. I know how I would feel if this was my Toby, and my heart goes out to you.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Rose,

Max and I will be think of you and you shepard.

Hugs,
JT
Old 06-11-2003, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((((Rose))))) I know it's really hard to have your pet sick, and I hope he's feeling better very soon.

Don't be too hard on yourself for losing it, Rose - in times of stress it can be harder to respond the way we know we should - you just take care of you and your Shepard and hang on to your HP and us, okay?

Hugs and prayers for you and your boy!

(((((Rose))))) (((((Shepard)))))
Old 06-11-2003, 08:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Sake and I will be praying for him too.
and sending (((huge hugs))) to both of you!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 08:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for your prayers, my dog Midas, is still hanging in there today. The blood test showed that he is very anemic but not why. They are doing an xray today to see if there is a cancer mass on his spleen. It could also be so many other things. We will go see him in a little while, he is so weak because he has no red blood cells etc. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your support.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Love and prayers Rose

In the past my "critters" were my best and only friends, so I know the worry and heart break you going thru Rose....

No amount of words right now can ease that for you BUT I can assure you, you are not alone, prayers, and love are coming your way....

Do take care and be kind and gentle with yourself....
Old 06-11-2003, 11:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Friends,
Midas just died at the vet's office. THis was so sudden, I can hardley believe it.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

**************{ROSE}}}}}}}

Aw, Sweetie, I'm sitting here in tears and just wish I could come give you a big hug.

I am soooo sorry that this happened.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

I am very sad to hear about Midas...while I am certainly no expert, I can relate my story to you about what I did when my dog died...it was nothing Earth shattering...I loved my dog as did you with all my heart...
the first thing i did was take out a picture of when my dog was young and happy and playing all the time...i took it to a frame store, and matched it up to several until i found the one that seemed to fit best...then i took it home and put it somewhere where i could look at it when I wanted, but wasn't staring me in the face 24/7...

then, as much as i love dogs, and have another now, I took the first day i had had in years where i didn't have to be home to walk the dog or feed the dog or give the dog water, and i did a literal marathon of activities...i stayed out from 7 am until well past sundown...i was out of the house for a good 15 hours...and while i was sad(the most natural reaction there is, i think) i went to the beach, and i had lunch out and i had dinner out and i went shopping and i stopped at some friends house to say hey...it was very nice to be out of the house all day with no worry about getting home to the dog...

i don't know if that will help at all, but that's my ditty...
Old 06-11-2003, 12:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh Rose - I am so very sorry to hear the Midas died. You must be heartbroken. Please know that I am sending lots of love and hugs and support to you at this time.

((((((((((Rose))))))))))
Old 06-11-2003, 12:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
believer

(((((((((Rose))))))))

I am so so sorry - I know how heartbroken you must be. But know that you have a furry angel watching over you. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care and lots of hugs,
JG
Old 06-11-2003, 01:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

**************{Rose}}}}}}}}}

Please consider yourself hugged with all the love and prayers that are coming your way.....

May this bring you some comfort acrossed the miles....from one heart to another.

Nothing loved is ever lost
And nothing that has ever touched
A heart can really pass away,
Because some beauty lingers on in
Each memory of which they've been apart....

One thing that is worse than having to say "Good-bye" is
Never having said "Hello".

My thoughts are with you...

Last edited by Daffodil; 06-11-2003 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello Rose - Ann and I have been looking for something appropriate for you, and Barbiedeb posted this last year when another member's dog passed.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 06-11-2003, 02:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

THanks.............