Well, that's over....

Old 12-22-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

There is a sort of dating resume available for we women. It's called DontDateHim.com. Women share the stories (and names) of men who seemed like winners initially, but ended up to be nightmares once the infatuation stage ended. Don't know if there's a DontDateHer.com, but I'll bet there is.

You aren't the only ones with broken pickers CBrown and Mr. C. I held out for love, too, and ended up with an alcoholic. My picker is on the fritz, too. Same story, different faces.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Not a bad place to be....

I've had a few disappointments myself while trying to enter back into the dating world, but you won't know if you don't try......sometimes it knocks me back down, but with the help of Alanon and the steps, it doesn't take me nearly as long to get back up, dust myself off, and move on with my wonderful life! Sorry to hear you're going through this....
Old 12-23-2007, 04:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Mr C ~ Sounds like someone who wants a relationship for the sake of a relationship, then plows through people who don't fit into her idea of what a relationship should be because she still brings herself into it. Easier to dump people than face your own stuff.
No worries for you. There are lots of great woman out there waiting for someone like you. When it's time, it'll happen.
You know that!
Old 12-23-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Mr C,

in my experience anyone with the label "crazy" is also capable of being really charming and wonderful in order to get what they want. fortunately they can't keep it up. she was probably at the end of her charm. be grateful.

ngaire.

remember when one door closes another one opens.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

Mr. C

I learn so much from your posts. You seem like a great guy to me also.

This lady seems like an immature, confused person. Basing your choice of partner, whole or in part, on what your "sister" or family want seems immature to me.

That being said, I believe you when you say, there were some really, quality moments and I am sure she was good to you in her way...thats why it hurts.

It is difficult to stand by and watch someone make poor choices in life, as in her letting her family interfere.

Thank you for sharing this process with us. I am grateful for the opportunity of reading others experiences with recovery, using *the tools* and "dealing with life, on lifes terms".

Growing
Old 12-24-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

What I've learned about relationships. Some of them last days or weeks, some last months or years, and some even last decades. But, fairy tales aside, there are really very few that last forever. It sounds like you had some really good times and now you have some pleasant memories to look back on.

Endings are never easy, but once the pain subsides, I hope what you have left are happy memories and life experiences that carry you on to the next great thing in your life.

Merry Christmas Mr. C,
L
Old 12-24-2007, 04:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sorry this happened to you, Mr. C. I've always found your forthright responses refreshing. I've also appreciated the honesty with which you've shared your own challenges during your recovery. Man, breakups stink, and I've never enjoyed the pain of any of them. But it's been during the hurting times that I've grown the most. Have a Merry Christmas, (((Mr. C.)))
Old 12-25-2007, 12:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yes, have a Merry Christmas Mr. C! I second prodigal... I too hve appreciated your forthright responses. So direct! So nice!