Oh what a night...

Old 12-22-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Try to keep in mind his parents may be helped along greatly by you staying the course.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeangel View Post
i have stopped talking to others about what is going on in my marriage because all the different advice and opinions just became too overwelming. i'm really finding peace in the "quiet" right now of trying to figure things out on my own or just letting them happened, letting God.

You know, I've done the same thing. I understand much of it is well intentioned, but damn. Especially when some of the most adamant advice comes from those who's lives are an absolute trainwreck. It gets tiring when you're lectured by those who are in terrible denial about their own lives. And I'm okay with advice, what I'm not okay with is "you need to do this, if you dont' you're stupid".

I love this place because I may get advice I don't want to hear, but it's not of the "I'm so much better, and so much smarter" attitude. If that makes any semblance of sense?
Old 12-22-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Miss Pink View Post
I think youre doing very well.....his poor parents, tho, they are miles behind you, and I fear have tons of pain ahead.
Thanks, that means a lot. Really. :ghug3

As far as his parents go, I don't anticipate them bending over backwards and he knows that. His mom has it together, hell, she walked out on her alcoholic when her kids were just babies, with the clothes on her back and that's it.