I need help your help for my sister's Christmas gift again

Old 12-09-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I need help your help for my sister's Christmas gift again

Some of you may remember the year that my sister read "Who Moved the Cheese" and then passed it on to me with a simple wish (one she thought would never come true): that the book would travel around the globe helping people everywhere and everyone who read it would sign it, and it would somehow make it's way back to her. Well, with your help I made that wish come true. I sent the book off through cyberspace, had each of you sign it, and then the last person on the list mailed the book back to me, signatures and all, just in time to present it to her for Christmas.

Well, this year I made my sister an inspiration board. It's a shadow box with a hinged lid. Throughout the year, I asked her to mail me clippings from magazines, newspapers, papers from the inside of fortune cookies, the names of books, poems, photos of people or places she'd like to visit or see, etc. So each week or so, she faithfully mailed me these things, with no questions asked.

My plan is to assemble all her dreams inside this inspiration board so she can hang it in a prominate place in her home as a daily reminder to think big, dream big, and live big.

One of her biggest dreams is to own a bakery of her own. It's a dream that I'd like to help her achieve. And to keep her dream alive, I've added a few things of my own to her inspiration board, like photos of bakeries, professional ovens, and information on how to start a bakery of your own.

So, along that vein, I'd also like to include a list of suggested names for her future bakery and thought what better place than to ask the folks who made her "Who Moved the Cheese" Christmas wish come true a few years ago.

So, I'll start the list with one of my ideas: Sweet Dreams. Please chime in with your thoughts. The more, the merrier. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 12-09-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ICU

I'll sleep on it, but to be honest, I think 'sweet dreams' is perfect. It got me singing that song by the Eurythmics...great...now that's going to be in my head all night. I have enough trouble sleeping as it is, LOL!

I'll get back to 'ya if I think of anything!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is _such_ a cool present. Here's a few

The donut hole.
Sugar and spice, and everything nice (hmmm.... kinda long)
Sinfuly sweet.
Tasty pastry.

Here's another way, make a list of all words related to pastry, then put all the words in a hat and take 'em out two at a time. You'll get tons of ideas that way.

Mike
Old 12-09-2007, 11:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ahhh, I see our "broccoli boy" is all decked out for the holidays! Lookin' good, Mikey! Okay, FD, I'm NOT a whiz kid when it comes to catchy names or titles, so I'm probably gonna throw out a few feeble ideas, but here goes: "Sweet Revenge," "Sweet Ecstasy," "La Dolce Vida" (pronounced "la dulchay veeda"). I don't know if that could be used since it was the title of an Italian movie and it might be infringement of rights or some sort of legal mumbo-jumbo. It means "The Sweet Life."

Something suddenly popped into my mind: the late Jackie Gleason used to say back in the Stone Age on his t.v. variety show, when he'd take a drink of liquid from his glass, "HOW SWEET IT IS!" I don't think he was drinking water from that glass (heard he was a big drinker) and the way he used to say it was really hilarious.

Sorry I can't come up with something better. I think you have come up with a wonderfully thoughtful gift for your sister!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Sweet Relief
Heavenly Pasteries
American Tradition Bakery
Creamy Dreamy

and a place I would go to anytime:

No Buttercream Bakery
Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

you are do cool, I have no idea for a name but if I come up with something I'll let you know.