a poem for you

Old 12-08-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a poem for you

I want to share this poem with you. I often read here, although I do not post much. Reading your posts helps me so much. Thanks.

Our Greatest Fear

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light , not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of god. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make and manifest the glory of god that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

-Marianne Williamson
“Our Greatest Fear” from her book “A Return To Love”
Old 12-09-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Once we stop worrying about what others think about us, we are truly free. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
full of hope

Wow! That is the most powerful thing I've read in a long time. Thanks for sharing!