To All YOU Beautiful People

Old 06-08-2003, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

To All YOU Beautiful People

The Founders Day weekend is over (Akron OHIO) birthplace of AA
It was awesome to be in the midst of over 10,000 people in recovery with AA/Alanon. The Big Meeting on Sat night housed 4 large arenas, when the Lord's prayer was said by all in unison it was roaring thunder that I knew rocked the gates of heaven !!!
My daughter attended one of the days with me, and when some sober alkies talked their talk of sobriety with her I stood out of the way because I knew that I knew that that is why that program works- one alcoholic to another.
and when they applauded in the auditorium for those with one day sobriety (my daughter included) they gave a standing ovation
because one 24 hour day is a big hurdle to cross and they knew that !! There was applause for days, months and the years-one guy sober 52 years ! This program is nothing absolutely nothing short of a MIRACLE.
I am blessed to have been there and changed by it.
We in alanon and those suffering from the result of anothers drinking, keep the hope, things may look bleak, maybe you can't even live with them anymore, maybe you remember how they used to be and wonder if they can ever be that person again.
They may be that miracle waiting to happen.......
Old 06-08-2003, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Liddy:

Wow, that must have been something to see! What area are you from in OH? Near Akron? Akron's quite a ways away from me.

Lyn
Old 06-08-2003, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

lyn
I'm about 45 minutes north. all i can say is if you ever get the opportunity, they hold it every year, you can stay on campus or off , heck lyn you can stay with me and we'll go together !
AA is the biggest movement to hit the 20th century and truly a miracle, i observed a tip in the iceburg of the enormity of AA, people there from many states and countries.God loves the drunks and us codies !

Hugs
liddy
Old 06-09-2003, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

liddy,
I think that was the best post I've read in a long time. You really touched a place in my heart that needed to hear that. Sometimes I lose hope and life feels so impossible to deal with but when I read They may be that miracle waiting ti happen I just lost it. My eyes are filled with tears and I need this today especially.

Love,
2many2count