Today...

Old 06-08-2003, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Today...

Hello all.

I haven't written in some time, but have been here often. Reading your posts still gives me such strength; especially when I feel that I have none. It may have nothing to do with my "A". But we are all one and the same in this recovery. I feel at home here.

It has been one year since my Dad ("A") has had an episode. Even today, I find that hard to say out loud for fear that he will. But, I have come to understand that he IS recovering and doesn't want to be that way anymore. He seems very realistic these days and that is very difficult for him. As the old saying goes "truth hurts, huh?". But he is dealing with it. And that is good.

He has been in an assisted living facility (he is 71) all this time. And he has finally earned the chance to move into a less restricted facility. He will be responsible for himself: cooking, cleaning, etc. But, there will be people on sight for him if he needs them. You see, the alcoholism reaked havoc on his brain. He has early onset of Alzheimers. So, he really cannot be totally alone at all. More reality.

Those of you that know me, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here for me. I hope is some small way that my prayers and encouragement have been as helpful for you.

Know that I am praying for you daily,

Lolly
Old 06-08-2003, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile

God Bless ya Lolly
Thank you for letting us know how your doing and your prayers help keep us strong.
Yep, reality hurts sometimes but its the way we have to live through it to get to the other side where the good things lay for us. Like courage to change ourselves and letting go of the things we can't change , like whatever anyone else is doing !! so hard and yet so necessary for serenity.
God Bless your Dad too for finding his courage to change, man its never too late as long as there is breath there is life.
Hugs
liddy
Old 06-09-2003, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lolly

Just sending a big hug and want to let you know that I am so happy for you that things are going well with your dad. I remember the pain you went through trying to get this in place, and I am thrilled for you that it worked out.

Don't be a stranger....we love to hear from you!!!!