bad weekend

Old 06-08-2003, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

bad weekend

hello toall. well where shall I start. my husband is in rehab for drinking excessively. he's in for 45 days. he can come home now on weekends. I cant stand being told to shut-up, or shut-updont talk. it just really gets to me, I know he doesnt really mean it, but it still hurts. he also has PTSD and bipolar. what a combination huih? anyways. how do you ignore these remarks. anfd go on about your business. today was lawn mowing day. after sleeping all night , he got up, had breakfast, then went back to bed and slept until 5:00pm, had dinner abit ago, going to get cleaned up and go back to the rehab. why so much sleep. he had good intentions about cutting the lawn but no way. I ended up doing it, but at times he admits he's just tolazy to do things around here. Im disabled and can only do so much. I also try to read the al-non books and try to do my won things, but I depend on him because of my disablitity. next weekend hes asking for a extra day home, that should be interesting. hes do to go back to work when he gets out. right now hes only on half pay. eally puts a strain on the budget. hes supose to be on a diet, well how do you enforce that when hes 6'5 and 300 lbs. and does what he wants anyways? sorry to ask so many question. just have alot to deal with. thanks for listening
red
Old 06-08-2003, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Redrose,
My husband is also Bi-Polar. When they are on their lows the don't want to do anything but sleep. They have no ambition to do a single thing productive. When they are on their highs they can do amazing things with the yard and other projects even in the middle of the night! My husband is an alcoholic as well and its no fun mixed with bi-polar. Its good to hear that he's in rehab. He's probably having a hard time letting go of the sauce. I know with my husband it was the alcohol all of the years prior to being diagnosed that medicated him. It was like it was his best friend. I hope I made sense and didn't ramble too much. Just sharing my experiences. I wish you luck.

Take care and many hugs to you,

2many2count
Old 06-08-2003, 06:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Redrose
Keep making time for yourself, try and read your literature so you can gain strength for today.
Its so hard to remember he has a disease when it is attacking your self esteem, when my son was in his mania I was called things i never heard from anyones mouth let alone a son. God quickly erased the words from my mind and today I have no idea what he said. But, the mental disease and the alcoholism combo
is a nasty trip to live with. My son seems stable now the tomorrows i will deal with if they come.
This is why we must continue to take care of ourselves and live a good and happy life each day we are blessed with it. we learn our helplessness over others.

Hugs
liddy