ot-landlords and pet owners

Old 12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I love my dogs more than anything on earth. But when push came to shove, I moved out without them, and left them with AH, in order to save myself.

It was that important that I get out. It hurt real bad but it had to be done.

I didn't have time to look for a rental house that would take two dogs. I needed something month-to-month NOW, and where the landlord didn't mind that I didn't have a real job and no rental references locally. Dogs had to take a back burner.

9 months later I had a house where the landlady was happy to take two dogs, and didn't even ask what kind or how big! (they're big, and a breed with a bad rap, but the sweetest dogs in the world, and better behaved than most kids.)

You don't want to live a life of deception.

It's not fair to the other tenants.

You can make other arrangements for the cat temporarily while you look for a place where she's welcome.

Yes I know she's old. My old dog was very very old when I left her behind too. I got her back 6 months before she died. I was grateful for my own safety, and to have had those last months with her.

this is NOT the only apartment in the world for you.

Are you sure you really want to move out?? doesn't really sound like it. If you have a cat, and it doesn't take cats, then it's not 'perfect' and it doesn't have 'everything I need'. If you don't have the courage to move out unless it's a place that won't take your cat ... what does that mean?

It's not a question of the cat being a problem cat. The problem is, it's a cat, and cats are not allowed. Cat allergies are a serious matter and can make people seriously ill even from a distance. Look elsewhere, or put the cat with your mom.