In Hindsight, My HP Did Throw Me A Bone!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

In Hindsight, My HP Did Throw Me A Bone!

I haven't seen my AH since Sunday night (I never went home last night, stayed at my daughter's place). When I last saw him, he told me he had decided he was leaving me and filing for divorce. Said he could no longer live with a person who did what I did to him (got an order against him banning him from drinking or being drunk in our house and court ordered alcohol random testing and treatment). He said he would be staying at one of his friend's houses until he finds a permanent place of his own. Last night, he met w/the alcohol counselor (that's the main reason I didn't go home, didn't want him to start again) and today the big bottle of mouthwash from the bathroom is gone so I can tell he's in for a heck of a drinking time!!!! Anyway, I've been praying lately for God to just throw me a bone, just to give me hope that everything's gonna turn out OK. I was planning on leaving AH after the holidays but was very worried on how I was going to handle it and him. I suddenly realized today at work that my HP did throw me a bone, he led me to file that order and led me all the way through it, he gave me the strength not to back down and drop the order, and that order actually saved me the trouble of having to leave AH and not know what I was going to deal with. AH decided he's leaving me. After realizing this, I since have had the utmost feeling of peace and serenity, more than I have ever had in my life. I am so grateful. It may not have been the bone I wanted, but it's the bone that was meant to be. Thanks for listening.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Queen...God always does for us what we are simply unable to do for ourselves.

When we were babies and sick, mommy force fed us medicine cus we were too fearful to take it ourselves. Without that medicine, we could become very sick or even die. We didnt like that she did it and how she did it, but she did it for our highest good....just like God.

This doesnt mean your life is over, and doesnt necessarily mean your marriage is over. The quacking is done like this all the time. What it means is something is gonna change.....and change is scary.

But have faith, God knows exactly what he is doing...for you both!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay firm and enjoy the gift of peace.

Has he actually moved out or is jsut saying that he's going to?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Teri,
Hope he follows through. Isn't it funny how sometimes the gifts we're given don't look like we expected them to look at first? Congrats on your HP throwing you much more than a bone. It's a regular rump roast, if you ask me!

GL
Old 12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

I hate that the thank you buttons aren't here.
Miss Pink - thanks. I do have utmost faith right now in my HP. It's an unbelievable feeling of peace and serenity cause I truly know in my heart of hearts that he is really going to move out. He will not let his right to drink be compromised at all and I am totally good w/that. He has to do what he has to do for him, just as I have to do for me.
Barbara - thanks. No, he hasn't actually moved out yet, but as I said above, I know he will. That way he can drink all he wants.
Givelove- thanks, and you're right, it is a regular rump roast!!!
I just truly have the strangest, most peaceful, calm feeling for the past couple of hours. It's really amazing. It's almost as if I'm in my HP's arms, safe. Very strange. Did this ever happen to any of you???? It never did to me before.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by queenteree View Post
I just truly have the strangest, most peaceful, calm feeling for the past couple of hours. It's really amazing. It's almost as if I'm in my HP's arms, safe. Very strange. Did this ever happen to any of you???? It never did to me before.
Yes, I experienced the same thing a couple of times in my life. The latest was when I moved out. The other 2 occasions when my sons were seriously ill and near death. Both recovered and I know it was God's doing.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I've been feeling like that since February, when my former GF took me to my first CoDA meeting. I always feel like I'm wrapped in God's arms, safe and protected. Yes, God truly does for me what I cannot do for myself.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

queen, glad you can see the power of HP glad you got it
Old 12-04-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ah yes ... sometimes it takes a while to see the blessings that come our way! You sound so happy and calm! Wow, that is GREAT!

As for your AH, another example of once a person doesn't let him/her get away with unreasonable behavior, suddenly we are dispensable. Well, it's HIS loss.

Congrats Queen!
Old 12-04-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

After realizing this, I since have had the utmost feeling of peace and serenity, more than I have ever had in my life. I am so grateful. It may not have been the bone I wanted, but it's the bone that was meant to be.
When I finally, finally, got this it was like Helen Keller making the connection between the water and the signing. My whole life changed after it.

Congrats Queen!
Old 12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

peace

I am so glad that you are at peace, Queen! That is awesome news! I like where your attitude is...a lot of people would never see or understand the 'bones' that are thrown to them. In fact, I bet your AH has never seen any of God's bones that He has thrown to his drunk a$$!

My xabf is that way. If you gave him a huge house, paid for the mortgage and even paid to have the whole thing redecorated for him, he'd still find something to b*tch about..."the bathroom is too small" or "I'd rather have a new truck" or some other pessimistic b.s.!

So be proud and very, very happy that you won't have to hear much more of your AH's negative, victim-like attitude.

I abhor the power that some stinky, yellow liquid has over so many ordinarily wonderful people! Stupid beer!

Keep smiling! I am glad that most who posted have felt a bit of that 'peace,' as well. I hope I find some soon...I keep failing to follow the 'no contact' thing and am just avoiding peace. Apparently, I am masochistic!!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Sounds like an early Christmas gift to me.......
Old 12-04-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have felt this way since I decided for good to file for divorce and told my AH.