Good Things

Old 12-06-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Started a new job last week at a bank with fabulous benefits....like 3 weeks vacation after 6 months.
Watched my furbabies play in the snow
Went Christmas shopping with my sister (she lives 2 hrs away)
Got a new vacuum cleaner, that so far, AH has used more than me...
My elderly mother got over a cold without spending time in the hospital.
Woke up...which I feel is a blessing every day because some people don't...
Old 12-07-2007, 10:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good thing.........the peace and serenity that falls around me when the kids are playing good together and when they are sleeping lol

The laughter me and the kids all share when singing in the car or while chillin around the house.

Waking up to see my kids big brown eyes each morning with a smile on their faces.

Being able to watch CSI and Criminal Minds at night with no distractions.........PRICELESS
Old 12-08-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

some other good things for me....

soup. homemade and taking all day to bring it to perfection. try some ham stuffed potatoe dumpling, cabbage soup with a tomato base.....heaven.

getting all my laundry done and hung on the new miracle hangers from shopping network......marvelous.

shopping on home shopping networks....love it since i'm rather restricted with my job.....settling down with a cup of tea and watching all the bargains.

finding a rare glass paperweight from scotland and adding it to my collection.

re-connecting with old friends from the past and re-bonding with family members.

falling asleep naturally, dreaming sweetly, and awakening with restored faith and hope for the day.

being able to make decisions and not chewing over them for hours on end.

doing what i want, when i want, and how i want without dread and guilt.

feeling all wonderful inside most of the time.....enjoying so many simple things that i would have never thought about before.

taking care of myself.....without guilt.

did i mention soup? god, i love soup.....homemade soup. i could live on it all the time. 'cept bean soup....for the obvious reasons.

sharing with others in need when i am asked to do so....finally got past the offering advice and hlep before even being asked.

taking care of my mama......it's turned out to be such a blessing and i've learned so much about her since i got past my resentments i was hoding for her.

knowing, and accepting that i am not in control. what a relief.

winning first place in the holiday lights of celebraion for one of the business's i manage......we are the chevy chase version of christmas vacation loding. and no white lights wither. a comgindation of white icicle lights hung directl with the old fashioned big colored bulbs. our town sits in a valley, and we are visile from the higher roads out of town.....a big huge glow.

so many, many things. life is just so good. the bad das are so few and far between now, which i never thought would be possible.

well, this was one heck of a long ramble. i could go on for hours about what is good in my life now, but i'll spare you all.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Jessica, so good to see you back. Hope you stay a while.

Jeri, what a heavenly list. Do you mind sharing the recipe for your soup? It's raining here today, and that would be a fabulous dinner.

I finished up all my weekend chores yesterday to make way for an easy, enjoyable Sunday. Since my Christmas shopping is done, I'm going to spend the day wrapping gifts, so I won't be in a last-minute rush.

Yesterday's good thing: I received my order from SoftSurroundings. I bought a lovely silver and black sweater. It fits and looks great. I plan to wear it for Christmas dinner at my mom's house. These are really stylish and comfy clothes that are as perfect for a Christmas dinner as they are for just knocking around the house eating cabbage soup with sausage-filled dumplings. Check out their website at www.softsurroundings.com.

That recipe reminds me of some dinners my Polish grandmother used to make my siblings and I when she came to visit. Are you a Polish gal, Jeri?
Old 12-09-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I ran out to the store today and bought me a head of cabbage, so I'd have it on hand when Jeri shares the recipe. Can't wait to try it.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Today's good thing

Last week I found a small tumor on my little dog Marty's chest (that's him on my avatar). I thought it was just a lypoma (a fatty tumor), but thought I better have the vet check it since I don't often see fatty tumors in dogs this young (he's only 4).

The vet did a quick biopsy in her office on Saturday and found some cells, but not fatty tumor cells. So, yesterday he underwent surgery to remove the tumor, and we're awaiting the results of the pathology report.

He came through the surgery with flying colors and I picked up a very groggy and pretty crappy feeling pooch last night on my way home from work. He slept most of the evening and all through the night. I guess he was still under the effects of the anesthesia.

This morning my old pal has returned. I woke up to a waggly tail and wet doggie kisses--my favorite way to start the day. We had our breakfast together and then he settled on the couch to wait for me to return home from work.

I'm grateful that my little guy made it safely through the surgery and that he only experienced mild discomfort from the procedure. I'm also grateful that the unexpected check I received in the mail last week was more than enough to cover his medical expenses.

My HP has a way of taking care of things exactly when they're needed. My life is filled with good things. I am truly blessed.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I hope the test results bring good news. I love that little guy - I smile every time I see his picture.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thumbs up My Good Things...

That I found Sober Recovery; :ghug

That I am feeling better in every way than I ever have in my adult life;

That my husband has been well for a year now;

That my husband and I enjoy our life together more than ever...we have a lot of love for each other;

That our children are all okay and living their lives well;

That life is a joy to go through One Day At A Time;

That we each have a dog that we love to death...so rewarding;

kelsh
Old 12-12-2007, 02:01 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Today's good thing:

As of noon, my college semester is officially over....weeks and weeks of pop quizzes, papers, research, exams, and sitting in endless stuffy classrooms scribbling notes.

I love it, that's why I went back to college in my 40s, but it is such a relief to be finished (and to have done well this semester, if I do say so) and not have to pick up new classes until January 21.

I am lying back surrounded by my dogs and cats, and emptying my mind of all educational thoughts......and filling it with images of cookies and biscuits

XOX
GL
Old 12-12-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks, Denny, he makes me smile every day. I love his quirky personality. He fills my days with laughter and smiles, and he's an awesome cuddler. What more could I ask for?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

So happy for you, Kelsh.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

That's fabulous, GL. My daughter's winter break began Tuesday. She doesn't have to go back to school until after New Year's, so I'm enjoying spending more time with her.

Cookies and biscuits sound good to me.