A Challenge for you

Old 06-07-2003, 11:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

A Challenge for you

Hi guys,
Just sitting here, browsing thru the posts... u know how it goes
And I was getting a chuckle at some of the new avatars out there; the cute cartoons, animations, and the adorable pics of your pets! :p
And a thought occured to me. I have mental images in my mind of a lot of you guys - and I'm probably totally OFF! But it made me laugh thinking how we associate the personalities here with an actual picture in our heads... soooooooo...
I was thinking it would be funny if you guys described what you THINK we all look like!

I'll start...

Ever since I met Lake in chat one night, I pictured her as a sandy blond with a pony-tail... "cute", with a great sense of humour... oh ya! and dimples

lets see... oh, and Ann? I picture her as a brunette, with reddish colour... perhaps a little short in stature, with a very KIND / Gramma type demeanor

Anyhow... now its your turn.
Meg

P.S. I have no problem putting a mugshot of me up to see how far off YOUR image of ME is. :p
Old 06-08-2003, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Meg,

I've thought of this myself! Sounds like fun. I picture you as a blond, who highlights your hair lighter (not because you sound like a "blond", or anything):p And I think you wear your hair "fluffy". I figure you are not too slender, since you have kids, but fairly slender, about 5'4". I think a few freckles on the nose, though a nice tan, and wa-la! Am I close

Smoke: Dark hair, cut short enough to not have to do too much with it--bold colors or statements in her clothes, medium build, a little tall, perhaps.

Ann: I think Meg is right on target, except a very classy gramma, not an old fuddy-duddy, cause she's a very young lady to be a gramma, and I'm sure dresses impeccably!

Lyn
Old 06-08-2003, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

OK Lyn,
Are you peeking in my window???
You have no idea how close you are to what I actually look like.

oh... and Ann? sounds right on the money

Hmmmm... let me think a little about my image of YOU Lyn - I don't want to get it wrong :p

Meg
Old 06-08-2003, 12:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

SEE!
Can you see the freckles??
OH! and I just got my hair highlighted, and layered at the back to make it more "fluffy"!

This is scary Lyn.

This pic was taken 1 day ago

Meg
Old 06-08-2003, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Meg,

I haven't been around this forum long, but YOU are exactly how I pictured you. It's funny how we form these images in our minds simply by getting to know people from their posts. Personalities really do come out in words........I never thought physical appearance could!

From reading all of your post, I get the feeling that you're highly-energetic, naturally positive.....even in the most dire of circumstances, a loving Mom, a true friend. You are extremely caring and thoughtful. (am I close?) I think of you as also a very sensitive person.....sometimes that's good for you, and other times it may cause you a great deal of pain, when dealing with your A.

Anyway...I thought this thread was funny, and it appears that a few people are accurate in their perceptions.

A few years ago, some girlfriends and I went to a color class. Learning what color your personality fits. It was a lot of fun, as we sometimes still call each other by our color......"hey, orange...."

Take care,

Sarah
Old 06-08-2003, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Where is everybody? This is a great game.

Lesseeee.... Saaaarah, 5'6 and shapely. Shoulder length brown hair worn curly.

Lyn- Honey blonde. Slim and stylish.

Gabe- Athletic with dark short hair.

Hangin' in- Auburn hair worn short with some curl. Tallish, medium build.

JT- 5'8. Short hair. Changeable color. (lol) Fit and strong.

Steph- 5'5 Very dark hair, shoulder length. Trim. Big eyes. Heart shaped face. Lips that belong on a Valentine Card.

Still thinkin'. I'm not saying how close you were to me until I hear more guesses. LOL
Old 06-08-2003, 09:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Meg!
Wow--you are just as I expected! You are beautiful--just like I always thought!

Smoke--tee hee--try again!

Lyn
Old 06-08-2003, 09:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

great idea- i once thought of evryone just discribing themselves, and i hope people will !
Meg you are so cute (and young) that tells you where i am.

ann - I go with the redish hair and a kind brown eyed face and great smile

smoke- very dark straight short hair, thin

lyn- long brown hair, curvy, on the heavy side but very pretty

JT-short dark hair, on the slim side and athletic

Hangin in- auburn hair, stylishly cut, maticulous about clothing and having things orderly

Gabe- likes leather, jewelry, blond hair

2many- brown hair, shoulder length, great complection, blue eyes
Might think of others later, but its so late now !! night.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Smoke! I AM 5'8' and I have always been athletic but now I am getting older. Short hair...dark blonde/light brown today... Comfortable dresser...a bit conservative.

I know Ann is a redhead.

Smoke you are "Brown Sugar" on the short side...my guess would be a bit eclectic with the cloths but aimed at comfort.

Hangin...I thought auburn too with light skin that burns easily. Medium hight and build.

Lake...brunette, long straight hair with a good cut. Slim and fit.

Steph...dark hair, small frame

Pauline...dark hair, petite....
Old 06-09-2003, 06:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Meg - you are just about what I pictured.

Ann - for sure the classy type. 5'6" black hair, warm caring face.

Lyn - Brown hair, 5'8" - style all your own!!

???????????????????

It's funny, but trying to think about what all of you look like at this moment is difficult. But, when I read you posts I recognize you even when I don't notice what name is on the end of the post!

NoDoubt
Old 06-09-2003, 07:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I wanna play, I wanna play!!

Meg- you do look how I expected you to!!

Dreamer2- I think you are a little older then me, dark hair, that is long, but not too long, dark eyes and a nice complexion.

2many- I see you as a bundle of energy (of course having 4 kids may something to do with that), thin, blonish-brown hair, green eyes and a great big heart!

Hm.....can't picture too many others right at the moment...oh wait,
Spongebob- I picture you as a fun loving, playful person, that has sandy blond hair.

Okay, am I even close????

Jill
Old 06-09-2003, 08:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL - my turn my turn!!!

Most of you are close about me - I'm 5'6", light red hair (similar to Meg's but thicker and a bit longer), green eyes and no freckles, probably just the right weight, but always looking to lose 5 or 10 pounds. Classy? You flatter me LOL. I guess I am "classy" when I am at work or being professional but definitely casual at home (although I admit I am not the jogging suit type). The bunny slippers are for real. I wore them to chat here one night and talked about them and they just stuck and became a symbol of comfort.

Okay here are my best guesses...

Smoke - Tall, quietly attractive yet flamboyant - sort of a younger version of "Auntie Mame" and equally as fun, and a heart that shines through her eyes.

JT - I would have picked exactly as you described yourself except not as tall. My guess is that you too are "classy" and stylish, and ready to go at a moments notice.

Meg - I would have picked you much like your picture too, except that I would have said curly hair - don't ask me why.

Pauline - I already know so won't cheat here LOL, but I picture her as the kind pf person I would rush to sit next to at a meeting. Very kind yet fun and full of beans.

MG - I picture tall, graceful, fair and light brown hair, and for some reason I see beautiful hands. Also full of beans and I would want to sit next to her too at a meeting. She's just way to much fun to not be close to.

Steph - I see a strong, fit person, who looks great even with no makeup or fancy hair. A natural beauty with a heart of gold.

Gabe - An angel - kind, strong and compassionate with dark hair and flashing eyes.

Hangin' - A southern belle, gracious and fun. I sense red hair too, yet maybe more auburn and eyes that can see right to your soul. In a beauty contest she would definitely be "Miss Congeniality".

No Doubt - I see you as a small person yet dynamic and strong. Petite and powerful. A smart cheerleader LOL.

Lyn - Blonde, slender and medium tall. Graceful and kind with a quiet strength.

Barbiedeb - Sweet and medium-tall, blonde and smart, sort of the Faith Hill type but with the power of Patsy Cline.

liddy - I see light brown hair, tall and poised, and graceful but strong.

Sarah - You have my favourite name (when I was a child and we made up names for ourselves like movie-star names, I was "Sarah Devine" - okay I know it sounds like a stripper but when I was a kid I thought it was a wonderful name) and so I picture you looking like me but more "hollywood" thrown in.

I often play a game, when I am on the subway or in a crowd of strangers, and I will pick my friends from here to match the people there. I know I have ridden the subway with JT more than once LOL.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've always played a game of matching the lady mods to the movies, so here goes:

Smoke - Debra Winger

JT - Judy Davis

Pauline - Sandra Bullock

Ann - Shirley MacLaine (younger version with red hair)

MG - Sally Field

Stephanie - Jodie Foster

Barbiedeb - Julia Roberts

JourneyGal - Robin Wright

Gypsy - Julianne Moore
Old 06-09-2003, 09:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This is so much fun! I won't be posting a picture, though. I'll describe myself the best I can.

I'm going to have my daughter help me describe myself, as some of us codies have a hard time seeing ourselves as we really are!

I'm 43. 5'5", smallish build, curvacious (I'm not going to say it exactly as she said it ), nearly black hair, naturally this color--this gray is not natural! I reapply my "natural" color every 5 weeks! Shoulder length, stylishly cut (growing out layers), slight bangs, HAVE to wear it behind my ears (drives me nuts) usually flipped up. I wear glasses. Very fair skin with freckles. Can tan after a zillion sunburns or so. Brown eyes. Small nose.

How I dress--classic dress with an artistic flair? That's what she says, anyways. But I wear sandels as late in the fall as I can, and as early in the spring. Hate things on my feet. She says to tell you my favorite colors to wear are blue, red and purple (not necessarily together).

If you go with Color Me Beautiful, I'm a classic winter, with classic style. If you go with Personality Plus, I'm a melancholy/phlegmatic.

Ok, lets add which movies star we are most like! That would be fun! She says I'm like Demi Moore, and look just like Esmerelda in the Hunchback of Notre Dame (cartoon). TeeHee. Gee, I would have guessed Sally Fields. She doesn't agree--she says Sally Fields never smiles, and I always do.

Oh, thanks Ann for the compliment! My daughter agreed (I'm blushing).

Lyn
Old 06-09-2003, 09:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL - before I came back here, i just asked my best friend who I looked like and she said Shirley Maclaine (the younger version) or Reba McIntyre. And I totally forgot to include that I wear glasses - stylish bifocals LOL. Blind as a bat without them. And Lyn, I am also "curvacious" if that means buxom, LOL, but small hips and butt.

So, I'll stick with Shirley/Reba - take your choice.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh and Margo - I see you as fair skinned but dark hair and glamorous yet casual. As a movie star you would be...oh poop I forget her name but she is "Monica" on Friends.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Who is Judy Davis??

Ann is Audrey!!

Hugs,
JT
Old 06-09-2003, 09:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh yes - Under this facade of a body and hair lives an "Audrey" just dying to get out.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hey I found her...close!! She seems to be a bit of a chameleon...suits me just fine. Lot's of hair...med color. Did I mention I have a ton of hair??

Hugs,
JT
Old 06-09-2003, 09:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Movie stars! LOL

Okay Margo... um... you look like Valerie Bertinelli.

Ann of course is a dead wringer for Audrey Hepburn.

Jill (spedteach) has a kindly face like Michael Learned in her Walton's days only her hair is shorter and darker, and she's not as tall. 5'6".

NoDoubt is Bonnie Franklin-ish.

MG- Patricia Neal. Younger, of course.

I'm 5'9 and could stand to lose 20 lbs. 43. Very strong. Blue eyes, fair skin and the name on the haircolor box is indeed "brown sugar". (LOL JT!) My hair is curly to kinky depending on the weather and just below my shoulders when it's down. Actress? Madelaine Kahn. Eclectic and flamboyant are good words for my clothes... but most days I wear grubbies because I'm crawling around in a warehouse.