A Challenge for you

Old 06-09-2003, 10:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Boy, am I flattered! Okay, 45, 5' 3", 135 lbs, dark blonde shoulder length (trying to grow it from very short), blue eyes, very fair skin, freckles, not glamourous at all (well, maybe in my dreams ) very casual, love scrubs for comfort.

Now, did I burst your bubble?!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 01:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

he he he .... this is great - I guess I am the only BRAVE one to post a pic :p - perhaps that was a tad premature.

OH! and Liddy... THANK YOU for the compliment! I have to thank my mother for her "young" looks; She's 50 this year, but looks 40 ... I am approaching 30 in December ... but sometimes, I get mistaken for 20... I got ID'd for smokes yesterday!!

Isn't it funny how we all got the description of Ann almost to a T?! I just KNEW she had red hair

Lyn - I pictured you with long black / brown hair and tall - I was kinda right.

Oh, Ann... that brunette on friends? Courtenay Cox altho I think she has a diff last name now

Anyhow... you guys keep me smiling
Meg
Old 06-09-2003, 01:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

tee hee

Ann and Smoke.....WOW! Shapely and with a bit of "hollywood thrown in!" I'm flattered!

Too funny, Ann.....I love the name Sarah Devine......actually, Ann, that is the name of my parent's life-long best friends...Devine.

You were right on the money regarding our appearances being similar....I do have light red hair.....mine is a bit longer, past my shoulders. It used to be darker, but now that there's some gray it looks more and more strawberry blonde! Blue eyes.

I'm 5'8", medium build, however, as with you and lyn.....how did you say it......buxom? It's a family curse.

I admit that I'm a clothes hound, but not trendy. I like classic looks and colors. My friends are trying to get me into a new look....took me shopping for more non-conservative clothes. I broke down and purchased a black knit dressy tank sweater with these small turquoise beads that hang from the hem, and a shorter khaki color skirt, that they insist I wear with sandals and no nylons! Yikes!

I love reading everyone's predictions and hearing descriptions! Makes me smile.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Late to the party

I had fun reading everyone's guesses.
I'm another Valerie Bertinelli. It's a resemblence, not a dead wringer thing. But whenever I play this game with friends who know what I look like, that is the actress they choose. I think its that I have brown eyes, brownish/auburn hair and I wear my hair like she did at one point (long and layered on the top). I also used to have freckles, but they disappeared at some point as I trudged "over the hill". I guess having been married to a substance abuser is another thing I have in common with Valerie. I would never name my kid Woolfgang though.
I'm never good at guessing what people look like. And I feel like I know you all through your souls, which don't really have any difinitive physical form. But they are all certainly beautiful.
Smoke, I am dying that you compared yourself to Madeline Kahn. Now, all I can hear is her singing "Oh Sweet Mystery Of Life" in "Young Frankenstein".
Peace,
Gabe
Old 06-09-2003, 03:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

giggle giggle....

Tee Hee! Please don't anybody hate me for this, but my family and friends would often refer to me as Kathie Lee! yikes! (I hope you will all still be my friends!)

Gabe.....I can see you as a Valarie B!

And Smoke.....I actually pictured you as somewhat flamboyant, eclectic and exotic. (Madaline Khan! I love it!)

Margo......I pictured you as very tall and sleek and sophosticated.....Meryl Streepish

JT.....spicy and sassy...confident and assertive....a little like Kathleen Turner.

So I was off a little. It's fun trying!
Old 06-10-2003, 05:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ann - I'm not quite petite (5' 10" actually). But I have become strong an powerful lately! I did the cheerleading thing in highschool though!

Smoke - Bonnie Franklinish is never one that I've heard before. I really don't think I look like anyone in particular. But, I have heard Meryl STreep or Helen Hunt? Hopefully, Meryl in her younger days.

I'm 35 and have just beyond shoulder length brown hair (with some 'sun kissed' highlights that have been applied by human hands). I am fairly atheletic. I run, spin and kickbox regularly - actually just to let off steam, and it benefits my health at the same time (yeah!!)

My style is casual. I love jeans. The other day my 5 year old asked me what my favorite type of shoes were. I answered with 'sneakers!'. Although, I really LOVE, fancy high heels (but don't frequently wear them as I would tower over everyone else around if I did.

NoDoubt
Old 06-10-2003, 06:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I missed Spedteach here...

Spedteach is pictured as tiny but mighty, probably in great shape and full of positive energy. Probably great naturally curly hair, dark brown or auburn, and dark flashing eyes. A Holly Hunter movie star type.

Am I close???
Old 06-10-2003, 08:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Paused

Oh this is lovely-I wish I could see all of you right now and compare with descriptions.
I don't know if any of you know, but Lyn is my Mom, and listening to the way that you describe her cracks me up. I know that if I had never met her I would descibe her as a blond. I'm not the daughter that helped her write her description, that was my older sis. I want to add that she is very feminine and sophisticated, yet also cute.
I wish I felt like I knew you guys well enough to describe how you look, but so far I am still trying to recognize you for the way you write.
Strangely enough, I would have put Ann with Reba also, seemed to fit somehow. Maybe the similar gentleness and independence mixed together.
I loved Ann's descriptions, they are so colorfully written I think I agree with SpedTeach's Description of 2many.
NoDoubt, I think you could get feisty.
Meg, you are beautiful.
One thing I see shining through all of you is inner beauty!! Your exact description is in 1 Peter 3:4.
Love you all!!
--Ă…ngel
Old 06-10-2003, 09:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sarah - Meryl Streepish??? Wow, now I feel really flattered. I don't come close, but she is my favourite actress! My daughter has always said I look like Gillian Anderson (X-Files) - I can't see it myself, but I guess our own eyes never see ourselves the way others do!
Old 06-11-2003, 05:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ann-

You were 50/50 on me. I am not really tiny..almost 5'5'' and definitely have a little weight to lose...working on it though (everyone thinks I weigh less then I do..because I run and my legs are in good shape!!) I don't have dark flashing eyes...green as can be. My hair IS dark brown with reddish highlights normally...however, now my hair IS auburn (thanks to Redken and my hair dresser) I AM full of energy..can do a million and one things at a time..drives my husband nuts..I watch a movie while reading a book too! hee hee. Also, my hair is straight but has a little bit of a curl to it! A lot of people use to call me Molly...thinking that I look like Molly Ringwald....her lips are a lot fuller then mine though!

I laughed, that you would guess me with auburn hair..it is pretty bright and I LOVE it!!
Old 06-11-2003, 06:51 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wow, I really missed out! This has been great fun to read! I guess I feel like I am familier with your personalities, but never really thought about a face with it.

I love the picture Meg, but for some reason I thought you would be a brunette!!

All of your personalties are so different,

Ann- is angelic to me

JT- makes no bones

Meg - very sweet and warm hearted

Smoke - absolutely outragous and usually right!

Margo - your avitar makes me think of you as the 70's, plus
love disco, Make me think of you as tall and thin with
bell bottoms and long straight black hair

BarbieDeb- Fresh and airy

I know that i have left a lot of you out, but I value each and every one of you!

I am going to be 37 next month.....5'6" , thin, long brown curly hair (highlighted by the hairdreser) med-dark complected with green eyes. Wasn't very buxom, but got that fixed a couple of summers ago (VERY PAINFUL) and the song baby got back was written about me. I like the low-riders--not too low! LOVE jeans, capris, rarely wear dresses.....OH yeah against the advice of my hubby (because he said I was too old) I got my belly button pierced!!

Constant
Old 06-11-2003, 07:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Constant! I wasn't far off on you, except I pictured you as blonde. Love the belly button ring story - I got mine done for my 40th and I STILL love it!

You know, somewhere in my record collection (yes - record!) is KC and the Sunshine Band Greatest Hits!

Inside this short body there is a tall woman longing to get out!
Old 06-11-2003, 02:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yeah for pierced belly buttons!
Did mine when I turned 30 (now 35). For years I've been wanting a tattoo. But was affraid of what it would look like when I became a grandma (wasn't sure If I wanted to be 'Grandma with a tattoo').
So, one day I went to the tattoo parlor and decided to get the belly button done. They guy was on his way out the door and said 'if you want it I have to do it now'. That's all it took.

In another post - everyone is coming clean regarding smoking. Well, I guess this can be where all the piereced belly buttons get uncovered.

NoDoubt
Old 06-11-2003, 02:36 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

No piercings here - Always wanted one in my belly button, but after 3 kids, I have trouble finding it most times

But, I DO have a couple of tattoos
On my ankle I got a band of Ivy, about oh.... 8 years ago? And just recently I got a butterfly landing on the Ivy, with my daughters name underneath

Meg
Old 06-11-2003, 03:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I REALLY wanted to do the tattoo thing, but I am afraid of hepatitis C. I KNOW, what a nerd.....maybe someday!

Y'all have fun, gotta run.....

Constant
Old 06-11-2003, 04:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I am in tears laughing

At this bodacious bunch of women. We smoke, we are pierced, we have tatoos...we are a pretty righteous bunch of broads. My only piercings are my ears (how boring) and I am not tatooed. I do have the nicotine habit however. I think we need a biker in the group. Does anyone ride a Harley?
Peace (and still laughing),
Gabe
Old 06-11-2003, 05:27 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

No piercings for me, except my ears...once pierce per ear LOL.

And definitely NO TATTOOS, but for years I thought my forehead must read "Bank Of Canada" because my son thought my money supply was endless.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Gabe - I don't ride a Harley yet but rode on one for the first time last year and loved it. Actually, I was really scared at first, but after a while found it really fun.

My husband LOVES to ride! Hasn't owned a bike since I've known him. But, last year a got him a gift certificiate for a local Harley place and then he rented one for the day.

I have to go there again this week actually to get another gift certificate for this Father's day.

My 5 year old keeps reminding me to go. She likes going to the 'Harley Store' and looking at all the beautifully colored bikes.

NoDoubt
Old 06-11-2003, 07:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Re: I am in tears laughing

Originally posted by Gabe
At this bodacious bunch of women. We smoke, we are pierced, we have tatoos...we are a pretty righteous bunch of broads. My only piercings are my ears (how boring) and I am not tatooed. I do have the nicotine habit however. I think we need a biker in the group. Does anyone ride a Harley?
Peace (and still laughing),
Gabe

(Raises hand)Me...I've been riding my own for a few years now.It's the absolute best thing I ever did just for me...not counting getting sober and free of abuse.

The bike is a 1995 Harley Sportster with a lot of modifications.Two of the best features are the solo seat and very loud pipes.A lady recently commented that I was making an awful lot of noise for a woman.All I could think of was that song,"I Am Woman"

Go ahead...guess...lol.

phoenix
Old 06-11-2003, 08:25 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

YES, I RIDE!!!

We have a 94 Wide Glide.....loud pipes are a must!! Teal blue and silver with an eagle on the back fender......all chromed out. Really puts you in touch with your maker when you take a ride on the bike..........the pipes drown out all other noises.....all the different smells, wind blowing in your face and beautiful scenery that you FEEL like you could reach out and touch.......it is GREAT!

With three kids I don't get to ride a lot, but we go every chance we get....just went to the mountains a couple of weekends ago.

and Phoenix, you go girl!!! I don't think I want to drive, I really like to kick back and take it all in. We had a Sportster that sounded awesome! Ride safe!
Constant