What Do I Do....

Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

LMH
As you can see, you are not alone. We have all been there asking the same question you are asking. Some of us with our spouse. Some of us (like me) with a child. The awakening to the knowledge (or fear) that our loved one is an alcoholic is painful.

You will hear "take care of YOU" a lot around here because as the loved one of an alcoholic, we tend to take care of the alcoholic and continually clean up the messes (crisises) they create.

Reading is a great idea. Begin to educate and arm yourself with knowledge. Going to an Alanon meeting is a great idea (and keep going ;-). Coming to the SR forum is a great idea. All of these things will give you what you need to take care of YOU!

Gentle hugs to you
Old 12-12-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
When I first joined this forum, I remember reading a post that was similar to yours. The poster questioned whether 12 beers a day was too much. I was reading the post out loud to my daughter and her response was:

"Is 12 pieces of cake too much? How about 12 glasses of soda? Twelve slices of pizza? Or even 12 glasses of water? Is that too much?"
I love that. Out of the mouths of babes come astounding wisdom.