Mistress with a Diamond Ring--cont

Old 11-20-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hang in there hunny....we are thinking of ou today.....let us know how it goes ok..
Old 11-20-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I would have fantisized about burning the bill and hoping he would forget to pay it and how they might repo the ring, she would be mad, he would look stupid and I would just smile. I would think about this for a while and then MAYBE I would forward it. Most likely I would send it back does not live here or decesed.

You did the right thing.
Hugs
D
Old 11-20-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It is actually a compliment to you...
you see, men do not fare well without a woman to "take care of them".
They are quick to replace "us" because it proves in their eyes, and supposedly in the eyes of the world how desirable they still are, that another woman would be eager to take them in...
One of the girls at work said that she read this book that said basically that men don't believe in the whole "soulmate" connection, and that to them, one gal is really just as good as another...
as long as you've got one to cook for you , clean for you, do your laundry, and cuddle up to on a cold winter's night...
they're really just looking for a "mother", with sex benefits...
and as long as they are not to ugly...
any one will basically do...

That one helped me a lot...
every single time we separated, there was a new "woman" to take my place, within a matter of weeks...
Finally, when I got serious and divorced him...he remarried within 3 months.

While we take our time...looking for Mr. Right, Mr. Wonderful, Prince Charming...
it's no wonder that there are so many single women...
and so few single guys!
LOL
Old 11-23-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Bless your heart !

The nerve of him! Keep those receipts / statements and go see a lawyer!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

"He wasn't doing it TO me, he was just doing it." Oh Cats, how true this is. What my XABF does has nothing to do with me. It's not revenge, it's simply to prove to himself "I can and WILL do these things, because I want to, because I'm five years old, and I'm a brat!" How nonproductive for me to think that he's doing it to punish me. I don't even exist anymore in his demented mind.

"men don't believe in the whole "soulmate" connection, and that to them, one gal is really just as good as another..."
I don't know if I buy that across the board, but for a lot of men that could be true. I remember asking a friend of mine ... "why did you marry M?" and he said "because I thought she would be a good mother." Oh great, a broodmare. I would agree with your statement, though, 100% when it comes to alcoholic men. I know my XABF could say "I love and miss you" to at least three women at a time. I know because we were tag-teaming him on the phone, comparing notes, and realizing what a jackass he really is.

An'ka, back to the statements. Those suckers would be in the trash, burned or out the car window immediately! I did the same with my XABF's car insurance papers. I don't know why, but the agent needed his signature on a form and kept faxing it to me here in Ohio instead of 50 miles away to R in the Keys. Don't know and don't care if it ever got resolved or if he still has car insurance..
Old 11-23-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

how did divorce hearing go?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

I was wondering too.....doin ok?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'd have marked the envelope "Not at this address" and put it back in the mailbox. Unopened. Let them figure out where he is, not my problem!!!!

He's not doing it to get you, an'ka. He's just a jerk. Good riddance to bad garbage. Hope that book is well and thoroughly closed!