The demon won...

Old 11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you,family and friends.He's now at peace.

Jenny
Old 11-16-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

So very sorry for your loss. Sending healing prayers for you, your children, and all who loved your husband.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

(((Pepperpod)))

I'm so sorry for your tragic loss and I too believe your husband is at peace. I also lost my son to suicide, so if there is anything I can do, please know I'm here and I care. Love and prayers to all of you in the difficult days ahead.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Pepperpod, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

(((Pepperpod))) I just read this thread and it took my breath away. I am so very sorry. You and your children (and extended family) will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you a giant hug.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:10 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

pepper

blessings to you and your children.

dustie
Old 11-17-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I to am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Wish you the best! :praying
Old 11-17-2007, 09:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Pepperpod,
I just want to say that I'm so sorry for the horrible trauma and great loss that you and your family have been going through. I can't even imagine how you must feel. I surely agree with you that this disease has taken way too many lives. It's certainly not understandable why this ever has to happen. I'm just so sorry that it's happening to you and your children.
(((((((((((((Caring Hugs)))))))))))))
Old 11-18-2007, 01:25 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I am so sorry! So very sorry. We all wait to hear that gunshot. For you, it is done. You have all of our love and support.......while we wait..........for that resonating sound in our own garages. I hope you have peace.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
To Life!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all who loved him, during this difficult time. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Shalom!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Dearist Pepperpod, I can't stop crying for your story. please accept my my deepist sorrow & sympathy. I too lost 2 heros to this dissease, my older brothers, both died in the throws of alcoholism. You hit the nail right on the head about the demon. We in recovery are always talking about a (Higher Power) we seem to forget that indeed there is a ( lower Power) out there, that is patiently waiting. please don't hover too long your story is to important not to share. A paragraph in the AA big book may help you, page 417 new book or page 449 old big book (acceptance) Please try to be good to your self. And know that we are praying for you. You are a very very special person.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I just want all of you to know that I am doing "ok --- just ok". I have cleaned out AH car, gotten his favorite foods out of the cupboard and the freezer/fridge (amazing how something purchased in joy and hope can be so painful now). This is my first weekend alone - my choice. I do not want to delay the grieving process - as the counselor said "can't go over it, can't go under it, gotta go through it" whether now or 6 months from now. I am staying busy writing "thank you" cards and my friends continue to call from all over the country. And, I have been hanging out - hovering - with you guys a lot. I just keep looking for answers which I am afraid will never come. I have reclaimed the guns that AH had in his car -- never knew he had handguns, much less loaded ones. The PD has been great. My neighbors are truly wonderful and I am truly blessed with a great support group --- I would have to say that SR has been the source of one of my greatest comforts of all. Thank you --- I promise to check in more often as my head gets clear.

Love to all.

Last edited by pepperpod; 11-18-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:11 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
cmc

(((pepperpod))))
I'm so sorry for all the pain you are now left to deal with. You and your children remain in my prayers. I hope you will continue to come here and share and I hope doing so will help lighten the load on you.
:praying
Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

pepper,

i just wanted to say i'm so sorry...

i can't imagine what you're going through but i'm really sorry you have to go through it...

i'm sorry...

love,
sue