Money

Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Money

I love this...and hate myself for it, but here it goes....

My husband is absolutely terrible with money. Always has been. We keep separate accounts because of his inability to manage money. I always pay the bills...work 2 jobs to keep things moving and to provide for our children.

I just got an email from AH saying that he is totally screwed because he is broke. He doesnt get paid again until next Friday. Best part is that he knows that I get paid tomorrow. Im sure that was one of his games that he likes to play when he wont have money to buy his lover for a few days. So...I fully expect the sweet and loveable guy I married to walk through the door tonight....not because he is better, but because he needs something from me.

He will need gas to get to work...for which I will drive the vehicle myself to the gas station and fill it up. I refuse to give him cash...because I know what he will use it for. He can brown-bag lunch...just like I do every single day.

I used to feel guilty about that, but you know what....he makes more money with 1 job than I do with both so there is no reason for me to be helping him.

Im onto his little games. He will be angry and grumpy, but at least I will be doing the right thing.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why are you driving the car to put gas in it? Do you only have one car?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loverof1 View Post
he makes more money with 1 job than I do with both so there is no reason for me to be helping him.
So, why are you?

L
Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will drive the car to put gas in it because I know better then to give him my card. We have 2 cars, but I cannot give him access to my funds....he has proven that. I could give him cash, but he wouldnt spend it on gas...it would go part to gas...and the other part to his booze.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Why not let him suffer the consequence of not being able to gas up his own car?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Do you live somewhere public transportation is an option?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Why not let him use his own money to gas into his own car? I'm lost on this one? If you need to manage his money then give him a certain amount for gas when he needs to fill it up and let him do it himself!!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope you realize that you're still enabling him in a major way, right? The end result is gas in his car--not only do you put it there, but you also drive the car to the gas station! I'd love for someone to do that for me. How are you the winner in this situation?