Reality check from my HP

Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reality check from my HP

Remember a few days ago when I posted about seeing my XAH and feeling a twinge of nostalgia, emotion, etc? Well, leave it to my HP to hit me over the head and get rid of all that nonsense!
My daughter Julie finally saw her dad after the Halloween chaos he imposed on her. This time he took her to visit his mom (the mother of all dysfunctional moms...the woman who married one guy, had 5 kids with him, cheated on him with his brother, got pregnant and married the brother, had 6 kids with him, cheated on him for 30 years with her gigilo, moved the gigilo into her house the day of the husband's funeral, who worked til she was 80 to support her gambling, who ignored her own children ~ even when the oldest brother raped the sisters...shall I go on???) Mom and X had a plot going to get Julie to "spend time" with XAH's girlfriend who Julie has made it clear she does not like, and despite the fact that I told him Julie's couselor said to give her a year before trying to introduce a girlfriend...
Julie stood her ground and told them "no." Now she's telling me that she wishes dad and grandma would die and leave her alone, and that she's starting to get a sick feeling in her stomach when she's around dad. I told her she's going to have to make it clear that if he keeps pushing her to do things she's not comfortable with, she's going to have to stop seeing him until he respects her.
Geesh. I was emotional about this???? I'm continually amazed at the depth of my codependency, that I lived with this circus for 17+ years and still have moments when I would choose to return to it!!! And of course, his addiction and new enabler have amplified his skewed thinking.
Could you all help my patient Hp and remind me of this should I become sentimental again?????