the xagf called me last night...

Old 11-11-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That was a great post, Embraced. Thank you.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
when you said that you were hoping she would "get" it by the things you said to her, and mike pointed out how when he did that, he was trying to control people.....well, i just wanted to say that you also said you weren't strong enough yet to hang up on here.......do you see the irony in this?

you are wanting her to do something, and want her to be strong enough to do it, but yet you are not strong enough to do something that is very difficult for you.
i'm saying this with all the compassion in the world, cause i've lived it, and i know it was just a living hell.

if you ponder about it, i think you may begin to understand what a struggle she is having with not drinking......compare it to your struggle to let her go. it's the same, imho.....at least it was for me.
I cant remember where I heard/read something similiar to this, embraced. But it said that if you were powerful enough to cause someone to drink, then you'd also be powerful enough to make them stop!

And yes, I totally see my irony in thinking she can quit drinking, when I cant even resist the urge to not answer a damn phonecall.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

(((tollbooth))))) - you said it last weekend - we are in the same place. i said goodbye (again) to my XA fiancee on Thursday night and have not been well ever since. It is definitely an addiciton. Today is the first day since that I have not been fighting the urge to call him CONSTANTLY....I actually feel a little better - I seem to be bouncing back (Thank God) from my latest relapse...have spent the whole day alone today, reading and doing some things around the house. My son will be back from his Dads around 5 and we will make dinner and watch America's Funniest Home videos together before he goes to bed. and this week, I will NOT be obsessing about calling P after my son goes to bed. I won't be rushing it and half listening. My son will get my full attention - which he deserves....and that is something I can feel good about. (Jeez....where the heck did that come from???!!! )

Toll - PM me anytime if you want to chat. I really do understand. (())