Wake Up Call

Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wake Up Call

I hope my wake up call helps someone else who is struggling with whether or not to call the police on there A's or to take legal action.

WAKE UP CALL - i was talking to ah the other day and these were his words - as far as the physical and emotional abuse that has happened in our relationship " it NEVER happened because there has NEVNER been a police report and the police have NEVER been called" now, who is responsible for that? - I AM because I have never called the police and he has never had to be accountable for his actions and has never had to take responsibility for them and probably never will. he will go on doing the same thing - another woman could get hurt because i didn't take a stand or if he has kids and does it to them they could get hurt. the cycle of abuse continues until someone puts a stop to it. it continues through generations.

i told him that he was going to have to start respecting me - his reply "why??? i NEVER had to before" who is responsible for that - I AM.

THIS IS THE REALITY FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This subject has been on my mind for awhile lately. My xagf seems not to believe, or rather remember, the acts of violence as clearly as I do **{suprise!!}}. Whether it is subjective memory, blaming me, or being blackout drunk, she wont address the fact that they really happened. Doubt very much I would have ever been willing to contact the police, even with 20/20 hindsite. But the difference is that I am male, and more than able to protect myself if it got down to that point. Add to that equation the humiliation and embarassment of calling the cops on a gf, well, makes it that more difficult.

My mind cant imagine the horror of being a woman assaulted by a drunken bf or husband! So if you're a female reading this, know that a male understands how hard it will be to make him accountable for his drinking.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeangel View Post
I hope my wake up call helps someone else who is struggling with whether or not to call the police on there A's or to take legal action.

WAKE UP CALL - i was talking to ah the other day and these were his words - as far as the physical and emotional abuse that has happened in our relationship " it NEVER happened because there has NEVNER been a police report and the police have NEVER been called"
Be gentle with yourself - this is a long and painful process we co-dependents go through, and most of us take a huge amount of abuse before we are ready to get police and other agencies involved.

It's a process, and you have started to realize what you need to do - good for you, now the next time he hurts you, pick up the phone and make him accountable.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Indeed.

One of the smaller of my motivators in taking legal (financial) action against my ex was because I wasn't the first to be conned, but I sure was going to be the first that held him accountable. Not as punishment, but simply as a consequence. It was my duty to myself, and my duty to those women who had gone before and who will undoubtedly come me. And my duty as a citizen, in a sense. Creating a paper trail in the courts - who knows how useful that information will be to someone in the future. As I say, just one of my smaller motivations, but in some senses one of the most important in hindsight.

Society has laws, otherwise known as boundaries. We all have a duty to uphold those laws or suffer the consequences. And that goes for when crimes are committed against us too.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hang in there