Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

AH is on yet another bender - had argument w/sons - suggstions needed

AH is on yet another bender - had argument w/sons - suggstions needed

Old 10-23-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by queenteree View Post
And other than AH, I have no problems except that I know very selfish people that just keep expecting more and more of me, and I'm sick of it. I just need to get a grip, get an answer and move on. But truly thanks for your input.
Really? So you have no problems, it's just other people that are the problem? And if you could just find the right answer, everything would be fine?

I'm not trying to irritate you, but I see so many of the same patterns of thought that I had not too long ago. It was accepting responsibility for my part in the drama, my role in the dysfunction, that improved my life.

L
Old 10-23-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

People can expect away till the cows come home as far as I am concerned. It is my choice whether to meet their expectations.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

LTD - when I say I have no problems, what I mean is I like my job, I like the people I work with (for over 8 years), they like me, we get along great, my grandkids are great kids, my kids (with at times the exception of my daughter) are great kids, and the only thing in life that upsets or bothers me is my AH. When I am at work, around my kids, grandkids, etc., and he is not around, I don't even think of him and I am happy. What I mean by selfish people who are the problems in my life is that I have a friend that is the landlord of my daughter who has major control issues and forgets that my daughter is a grown woman and who always comes to me when she has an issue w/my daughter, ie., friend "felt" that daughter should do something (for daughter, not friend) in a certain time frame, daughter did it when daughter felt it she wanted to do it, friend gets all upset and gets me involved cause "don't you think she should have done it then..." Do I care no??? Can I fix my daughter to make her do what I or friend want her to do??? No. When I tell friend I don't want to be involved, friend accuses me of never being there for her, if I don't invite friend to my family functions, friend gets all mad, saying how much I hurt her and her kids, etc., friend is manipulative. It's all about "her". Daugher always telling me that I "need to do ... for her", no I don't need to do for her. Situations like that, and many times I just disconnect the phone or don't answer it. I'm very tired of people I know saying I have to do stuff for them. That is what I mean by selfish. Yet I have many wonderful friends who I am very happy with.