SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Finally went to al-anon last night (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/134831-finally-went-al-anon-last-night.html)

sad#3 10-16-2007 12:16 AM

Finally went to al-anon last night

Actually I went to AA with her, but al-anon is next door. Good thing, because I feel like doing myself in from all the stress of her lies and self destructive behavior. I'm exhausted. She promised if we got married, she'd stop drinking... Just another lie. We married Sept. 24th and her drinking has gotten even worse. I've been sleeping all day and night because I'm depressed.. I hate her for this.. This **** has been going on for a year now.

sad#3 10-16-2007 12:23 AM

Info for others. She has a handle on this site and she lies. She's giving advice as if she's been sober, when in fact she has not.. Which leads me to wonder how many other alcoholics on this site are deceiving others.

minnie 10-16-2007 03:30 AM

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that nothing has changed for the better, although glad that you made it to al-anon. Shame that your lives have now got a whole lot more complicated too - what made you think it was different this time?

As for people posting things other than the truth on forums, I think that you will find that this is not confined to drinkers. As IRL, some people use an alter ego to play a part that they wish were true, rather than the reality. Personally, it doesn't bother me so much as long as they are helping, rather than trolling, and live in hope that they are helped by being exposed to the message.

So, what did you learn at your al-anon metting and when's the next one?

Barbara52 10-16-2007 04:45 AM

Welcome sad#3 and I hope you are one your first steps to your recovery.

keepingmyjoy 10-16-2007 09:48 AM

Hi sad....sorry you are going through this. My AH told me that he would stop drinking when we bought the house and his drinking got worse too. I am soo sorrry for the pain you are in.

sad#3 10-17-2007 11:23 PM

Thank y'all. Went to the first meeting tonight. I will be going back. At least 6 times to give it a chance. Some of you said I should have went awhile back, but I had to learn for myself... Thank you.

HKAngel24 10-18-2007 02:38 AM

Sad--

For me, Al-anon meetings have been a lifesaver. The literature has soothed my mind when I've felt like I was ready to go off the deep end. The focus AWAY from the ALO and onto how unmanageable OUR lives are is really a wake up call. Alcoholism and Addiction are truly family diseases and they infect all those involved to various degrees. When I feel like I may need to be shipped to the loony bin I just try to get to a meeting -- just being in that presence of others who understand calms me. THe lies, the betrayals, the crushed hopes and exhaustion are so damaging and left me bitter and weak.

So sorry you're dealing with this pain.

rawr_x 11-13-2007 03:40 PM

i hope al anon helped you a lot