Indecisiveness

Old 10-14-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Indecisiveness

Is indecisiveness a common trait among us? Sometimes I can't even decide what kind of apple to buy in the store let alone what to do about a decision needing made, or my life!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All my indecisiveness was tied to living with alcoholism and the addict. In other areas of my life, including my work, I had no problem. What seeped into the other areas was the anger.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I was in the throes of depression after I left my ex, I couldn't seem to make any decisions. I was sharing a house with my bro at the time and I remember scaring him (and myself) to bits when I burst into tears after he asked me if I wanted spag bol or pizza for tea.

I still struggle now with some big decisions, either because I am in "What difference does it make?" mode, or because I have lost faith in myself somewhere along the line. When that happens, I know I need to revisit my recovery tools to get back on track.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Yeah, I know what you mean. Crazy sometimes. I go to work and have to make decisions all day. After work Ill go to the supermarket and I cant decide whether to get white bread or white rolls.
You know, when I think about it, I think my indecisiveness comes sometimes from being uninterested in what Im doing or if it has to do with someone else, its because I am afraid Im going to upset someone. Umm, must think more about this.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have heard that as we get older, like in menopause, it is more difficult to make decisions. It's always been pretty easy for me to make decisions, but maybe because I have made some pretty dumb decisions in my life I'm taking more time to make them these days. I get tired of looking back and saying "What was I thinking of?!" I was faced with the decision last year of buying a pickup or waiting. I like camping, and needed more horsepower. There was a really nice used one, not many miles, but it cost $25K. I just couldn't take the leap and I felt SO indecisive! I agonized over it for a long time! I never did go for it, just waffled. Then I found one a couple months ago that was BETTER and only $14K. We snapped it up immediately! So I found that if you can't make a decision, it could be that NONE of the options on the table are right for you. It was a great lesson for me.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm an A in recovery, but yes, indecisiveness was HUGE for me. But this is what I learned, and it may apply to you too.

Have faith, take action, let God sort it out.

At first, I made decisions just for the sake of making decisions. I did something, instead of going into analysis paralysis. Yeah, some of them were off the wall. After a while, my faith became stronger (I came to believe) as little things started happening in my life. Now, when I'm anxious or nervous, I just keep doing the same.

Have faith, take action, let God sort it out.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hun....I feel your pain and I can tell that you love this man sooo much but please remember....Nothing happens if nothing happens and its up to you to make it happen. The future doesn't look bright with this man at all and you deserve soooooo much better. I have no idea why we love these broken souls but we do and once we get them into our blood it seems that no matter how much we bleed out it just doesn't help does it? Get help and get happy with yourself. And more importantly for yourself. Stay strong.