New to this but not to alcohol

Old 10-02-2007, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this but not to alcohol

Hello, just thought I would see what some of you thought about my situation. I was married to the love of my life for 16 years and he decided after many weeks of drinking and not coming home he was done. We seperated and then divorced...here comes the weird part, we got back together after the usuall I am going to quit etc. Well it has been a year and we split again, my question or comment I guess is that he was a drinker that would only drink a couple of times a week but boy did he do a good job those couple of times....so drunk he doesn't come home (stays at friends house etc) Anyway he has said once again he is quitting but doesn't need help and he can do this on his own ( yeah I know we have all heard that before) Can he really do it on his own? I have lost faith in him and I realize he has a disease and he doesn't do things to hurt me on purpose but how do you deal?? Is Al-Anon the best thing for me to help him and myself?

Well Thanks for listening and comments would be great.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Yup, AlAnon and educating yourself in general sounbds like the best idea. You need to decide just how long/how often you want to get on the rollercoaster.

As for it being only a couple of times a week, well, it sounds like that's quite enough to be a problem for you.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Al-Anon helps me. There's no knowing what will help someone else.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ICU

Welcome to SR Jadedex.

I think Alanon, would be a wonderful thing for 'you' to try. In the meantime, please read as much as you can here, and take a look at the stickies at the top of the forum too. You'll find tons of info. there.

Keep coming back!