SUggestions...

Old 10-02-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

SUggestions...

Last night meeting my wife and daughter at church (of all places) I smelled the familiar smell of someone who had been drinking... I thought to myself that poor lady in front of us, I know where she's at. Been there.

I was meeting my family at church because I was working late that night. I kissed my wife goodbye as we left to meet home later and realized where that familiar smell was really coming from. "Just my imagination." I thought.

Later that night, in bed, a few deeper kisses and again "Just my imagination." (Denial I know)

It was hard getting to sleep that night and the next morning, my suspicions led me, (under the guise of finding a "lost" winning lotto ticket) to look through the trash as it was set out by the curb that morning.

I found, in a brown bag, in the tied up trashbag from her home office, 3 of those mini bottles of Bacardi. (which I know was her drink of choice back "in the day")

I confronted her asking for an explaination and She "found them in the yard" and threw them in the trash. "You dont think I was drinking do you? You dont believe me?" were my responses from her.

I maintainted my composure and told her I believed her.

Not sure where to go from here, hence the suggestions subject line.

A little background. We met in aa 15 years ago and were married 2 years later (2 kids now 10 and 13) I will have 15 years clean and sober in March. Her, now not so sure.

I have not been to a meeting in quite some time and that is the first suggestion to myself, get to one.

Share, ask for help- yup... starting here...

Thanks
Old 10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!

It seems one response might to be extra observant for a while.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by SWOI View Post
I confronted her asking for an explaination and She "found them in the yard" and threw them in the trash. "You dont think I was drinking do you? You dont believe me?" were my responses from her.
Welcome to SR, SWOI. I hope you find some peace here.

And here I thought I was the only one who used those unique responses!

Yup, get to a meeting. Who knows, maybe she'll follow your lead?